What do you hate when little kids r in a LFS

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sunbot

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I hate it when 5-6-7 year olds shout and wack the glass.

what do you hate about kids behavior in a local fish shop?

Knowing on the glass and screaming that they want fish, their parents relenting and then them going off with some poor fish, a brand new tank and filter and some flakes.

Weren't you guys ever "little kids?" Did you know any better? Sheesh, give these guys a break, along with the ignorant parents. That's how I first got into keeping fish, by pleading with my folks as a little kid until they got me my first fish. When a few of those first fish died from my ignorance, I went to the library and started to learn about cycling, water parameters, and the rest. Now, when the opportunities come, I help to educate others on proper fish care.

I think it's jsut common sense...Parents that don't watch and conrtol there kids in public places annoy me. It doesn't matter where I am..But pet stores are particlary bothersome....My personal pet peeve is when little kids, (Or not so little) stick there hands in the tank and try to touch the fish.

i know this isn't about kids but i had to say it
i hate stupid people who don't leash their dogs in the stores
once when i was catching a dozen budgies for some guy with a HUGE aviary one decided to plop out of the pen
the minute it hit the floor this little dog came out of no-where and out of instinct snatched it up and chomped on it
we couldn't save it,
it looked as though it had a shattered rib cage and broken spine :sick:
its head was sideways and it was still alive and twitching :-(
we had to euthanize
the worst part is that in the camotion the people snatched their dog and left without paying for the damage or at LEAST apologizing :angry:

They had dogs in a shop??? Wha??

I had to ring a Starlings neck once after a hawk attacked it but got scared off so the little birdy died in vain :/ There was alot of blood. I got up and it looked like I had commited a crime :blink:

M8 i cant even put that in to text how i would of felt.

Hope things get better for you. :nod: goodluck

Abernathy said:
Weren't you guys ever "little kids?" Did you know any better? Sheesh, give these guys a break, along with the ignorant parents. That's how I first got into keeping fish, by pleading with my folks as a little kid until they got me my first fish. When a few of those first fish died from my ignorance, I went to the library and started to learn about cycling, water parameters, and the rest. Now, when the opportunities come, I help to educate others on proper fish care.
So ture, thanks for waking us up on that one

Here's my stupid child story.

Two little girls about 8-9 came into wal-mart fish department while I was looking at bettas. they took the fish food off the shelf (wrong kind too) and poured a whole bottle in the feeder fish tank. They then to the nets that belonged to the sick ich fish that were being treated and stuck them in the tank and got a fish then put the contaminated net into the water bucket with all of the other nets with the fish still in it! I grabbed the net and said what are you doing but they didn't speak english all she said was it okay it alive... so I grabbed the net returned the fish and put the contaminated net back in the right bucket and gave the kids a lecture although I doubt they understood me.

I REALLY want to work at a fish store but I wouldn't want to sell people fish if they didn't have the proper set up and I would probably end up kicking a kid and getting fired. :blink:

are we talking about kids who are in there shopping or the annoying kids who work there? :lol:

Well, I too have to say blame the parents....I have a 4, 7, and 9 year old that I bring to the LFS with me all of the time....and my kids know more about fish than most of the 'adults' shopping there and the 'adults' working there......they know freshwater from saltwater, what fish can go with which, if they're aggressive, african, s. american, etc....so, i don't think it's fair to lump all kids into one judging topic....... :no:
I used to work in a restaurant and hated when kids ran through the aisles while others and myself were bringing hot food through.....I didn't blame the kids, I blamed the neglectful parents....because you know if one of those kids had hot soup or melted cheese spilled on their faces their parents would have been the first to cry lawsuit.... :grr:

Most reactions

trending

Back