What do u think?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

faolteam

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi folks i regulary treat my Blue Velvet Shrimp Tank for Planaria with Zero Planaria , the other day i seen a really large one swimming in tank asi have Babies, Just wondering would u recommend putting a Small Baby Guppy in the tank To Eat him or others in there ?

Also i put 6 of these Medium sized Blue Velvet Shrimp in My Aquarium Tank With Guppy, Neon Tetra, Corydoras Cat Fish and Harlequin Fish, and Kuhli Loach, For the Life of me i cant see any of them today would they be in there hiding in Moss, ok i see 2, just wondering if that was a wise move with Kuhli loach, shrimp about 3/4 inch long ?

Last edited:
Dont get a guppy just so it can eat the baby shrimp... I dont see why you need them to be eaten

Oops, brain dead me read it wrong... As other members here recommend, it isnt a good idea to introduce a species just to have it rid of something.... I noticed all your fish are soft water... guppies tend to be a more hard water species. Kidney failure occurs if kept in the wrong hardness... If you do notice that you can have guppies in your kind of water than get a group of females only so you get no offspring... They will breed, and a lot. Although if you do get all females some are already pregnant... Just something to take into consideration

What about the Kuhli Loach, do they eat blue shrimp about 3/4 inch ?

Let me ask this first... Do your shrimp keep breeding or is this just the first batch and youdont want them?

sorry ill explain, i had 10 blue shrimp and they started breeding , so the other day i took out 6 of the younger babies about 3/4 inch for a seperate tank which has kuhli loach in it , and neons , harlequins , bronze corydoras,

If you want you can set up a 10 gallon tank and keep a pea puffer... They will eat snails and shrimps... You can feed them 1-2 on each feeding and two times a day. Just cut back if he gets to big in the belly region lol. This is just an idea if you want to do it but you would have to have a steady supply of shrimps OR pest snails... So you could keep breeding shrimps as a good food supply for a pea puffer...

Yeah No i dont think you realise what i was saying so ill explain again, I have planaria in my shrimp tank, I have some Guppy fry a few days old i was just wondering could i put a few in to eat the planaria not the shrimp then take them out in a few days ? the Guppys

Yeah No i dont think you realise what i was saying so ill explain again, I have planaria in my shrimp tank, I have some Guppy fry a few days old i was just wondering could i put a few in to eat the planaria not the shrimp then take them out in a few days ? the Guppys
I could have sworn you were talking about how you wanted something to eat the shrimp... I knew about the planaria but I don't know much on that

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back