jjlegre

Reaction score
Are these fish eggs?
IMG_1348.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 18
I think I solved my own mystery, Aqueon Pure live beneficial bacteria balls, I thought they completely dissolved never saw them before in tank,

I think I solved my own mystery, Aqueon Pure live beneficial bacteria balls, I thought they completely dissolved never saw them before in tank,
LOL!
i would have been freaked out
looks like a bacteria infested fish food lol

meant to release beneficial filter bacteria into the tank to help speed up the cycling. I am guessing :)

This modern stuff I don't get sometimes.
A lot of stuff available now baffles me too. I have a few issues with some of the SeaChem products, and some things sold to people to grow aquarium plants. They are advertised as this and that but they don't always do what they claim. In my opinion, SeaChem and a few other companies that supply fish stuff, are doing the wrong thing by the customer and taking advantage of beginners in the hobby. I know companies have been doing that for years anyway, but it's disappointing in this day and age when people (big business) should know better.

This is one of the things I like about this forum. We can give beginners real advice and hopefully help them avoid buying snake oil. :)

A lot of stuff available now baffles me too. I have a few issues with some of the SeaChem products, and some things sold to people to grow aquarium plants. They are advertised as this and that but they don't always do what they claim. In my opinion, SeaChem and a few other companies that supply fish stuff, are doing the wrong thing by the customer and taking advantage of beginners in the hobby. I know companies have been doing that for years anyway, but it's disappointing in this day and age when people (big business) should know better.

This is one of the things I like about this forum. We can give beginners real advice and hopefully help them avoid buying snake oil. :)
I don't get fertilizers, fish fertilize. My amazon sword plant has given me three new leaves, plus three baby plants since November. It is planted in gravel!!

I had an Amazon sword plant that never produced runners but divided and produced new plants from the base where the roots and leaves join. It was growing in gravel with a bit of red clay mixed in.

I had another Amazon sword growing in a pot outside in the garden. It produced flower spikes that were 4-6 foot long and had small white flowers every couple of inches along the stalk. That plant also divided at the base while producing flower stalks.

Most reactions

trending

Back