What do I feed my dwarf pike cichlid

ocf_22

Reaction score
Im planning on picking up a compressiceps dwarf pike cichlid soon but first im stuck on what to feed the beast. Any suggestions?

Im planning on picking up a compressiceps dwarf pike cichlid soon but first im stuck on what to feed the beast. Any suggestions?
Sigh, as has been pointed out in your other threads on the same thing, you are not looking for a tank large enough for this fish but you keep insisting. :dunno:

Go back to your other thread and make the effort to look at the link I posted about this fish. The site linked includes info as to tank size, water conditions, compatible fish and feeding. I don't get what you are after. :dunno: This is the third thread that you have started on the same thing. I don't mean any insult or anything but it is starting to seem like, when you get replies saying that you should not get this fish, you just start another thread hoping for a different answer. The answers are just not going to change as they are correct.

Still, as to feeding,.. Pretty much all the other fish you want to include.

For other members, this is the other thread which jaylach referred to

The answer hinges on one fish or two. The way the first post appeared, @ocf_22 , you were buying one fish, and not trying for a pair. If that is true, then your tank is big enough, and the fish will thrive on frozen foods, bug bite flakes or the equivalent, live foods - standard small predator foods. If you plan on 2 in a 36 inch tank, plan the funeral now.
Other Crenicichla like regani, cf regani, etc, are not nearly as aggressive, as would not wotrry me in a 3 footer. It's compressiceps that was so very psycho. I had them twice, for reference, along with the other dwarf pikes (never in the same tanks). I saw some cf regani on wednesday and considered them for a moment. They were a totally different experience from their rough Genus mates.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back