What Digital Slr Camera?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I am in the same boat as you, i am looking at the canon 350D and 400D, i think im going for the 400 due to the pixles but they are the 2 i have short listed!

Lenes....dont get my started that world is like a womens mind to me! Im never going to understand it so why even try and bother!

Good Luck,

Let me know what you decide!

Cheers andy

Hi,

Many thanks for the replies and advice :good:

After much deliberation, I have decided to go for the K10D. Now I am in the process of seeing what package to go for. I have found a package on Amazon for £843 with two lenses (18-55 and 50-200) or the basic with one lense (18-55) at £690. There is one other with a single lense of 16-45 at £869. Now, me not being particularly clued up on lenses, am thinking of going for the £690 and seeing how I go.

Thanks again :good:

Hi,

Many thanks for the replies and advice :good:

After much deliberation, I have decided to go for the K10D. Now I am in the process of seeing what package to go for. I have found a package on Amazon for £843 with two lenses (18-55 and 50-200) or the basic with one lense (18-55) at £690. There is one other with a single lense of 16-45 at £869. Now, me not being particularly clued up on lenses, am thinking of going for the £690 and seeing how I go.

Thanks again :good:

Congratulations! I know for certain that you'll be very pleased with the K10D, I absolutely love mine. I bought the pacage with the 18-55 lens only and I think that the lens is very good. I don't know if you saw it but I posted a pic a while back that my wife took with the 18-55 lens. I also have a tamron 50-200 mm. wide angle lens that we had from our pentax film SLR and that is good too, but unless you plan on doing some telephoto stuff that requires tons of zoom then don't spend extra for the lens right now. You can find one later and probably get a better deal.

I took my daughter to the zoo the other day and took some more shots (all with the 18-55mm) so I'll post them for you to see just what this camera can do! Bear in mind that I'm very much an amature as well but I think the shots turned out great!

Enjoy your new camera!

SLC

Capuchin.JPG

Tamarin_1.JPG

Lemur.JPG

I don't believe it - since looking the other day, Amazon have increased the price from £690 to £726. Time to shop around methinks :grr:

Pixmania are usually one of the cheapest around - and they currently have the body + 18-55 kit at £636 + P&P and stock due in on the 12th of March. You'd probably hard pushed to find cheaper.

:good: Excellent - thanks for that. I have had a peek and I see I can get a bundle with a memory card and case etc., so I will stick with them ;)

OOh I want a 1 or 2 GB. memory card!

This camera doesn't create huge files (like I've heard others do at 10mp's) my jpegs are hanging around 2 megabytes a piece. My 5mp point and shoot makes larger files than that. I get about 190 photos or so on my 512 megabyte card!

SLC

Most jpg pictures on 8 - 10mp cameras work out around 2mb assuming a reasonable level of compression.

Raw pictures on the other hand (jpg is closer to the finished print, raw digital negatives) can be alot larger as they contain all the information recorded by the sensor...

Yeah, the RAW files on mine can push at around 15mb each. :crazy: It's annoying, because you don't get so many...but then again...I do love to shoot in RAW. You can do so much more with it.

When I've shot RAW with the K10D it comes out to about 25 mb's on average. Not good enough with photoshop to make much good use of these files yet though :blush:

SLC

Aww, it comes with practice! I learnt that way, and now I know my way around it like the...well...not quite the back of my hand, but the bottom of my foot, anyway. :lol:

Well, I ordered the camera from Pixmania on the 14th March (when it was finally in stock) I tracked my order today and as it was still saying it was in the "verifying payment" stage I emailed them asking them what was happening. They have now emailed me asking me to send them a copy of a recent utility bill or driving licence etc???? Has anyone else experienced this. Damned annoying really as this was not mentioned at all until I chased it up :angry:

Been charged over £7.00 postage for a 2-5 day delivery and I am certainly not going to get it within that time :sad:

Not sure what to do now as most of our utility bills are in my husbands name and I am certainly not sending them a copy of my credit card bill. I paid via Paypal. I am seriously considering cancelling the whole thing now. I know that this is probably in my best interest security wise, but what a palava :blush:

This is the email.....

"Thank you for your e-mail.

Please reply to the following request,

In our bid to reduce fraud on the internet, we have issued new measures of security.
To proceed with your order we will need some extra details from you.

· If you are opting for delivery to thesame address as your invoice address, please send us something that hasyour name and address on it from the following:

1 A copy of your driving licence, OR

2 A copy of your social security card, OR

3 A copy of your bank statement, OR

4 A copy of your council tax bill, OR

5 A copy of a recent utility bill.

· If you are opting for delivery to a work address, please send us:

1 A copy of your passport, driving licence or recent utility bill, AND

o Company letterhead or business card, with switchboard number that we can call to verify that you work there.

· If you are opting for delivery to aprivate address that differs to your billing address, please send us:

o A copy of your passport, driving license or recent utility bill, AND

o A copy of a driving licence, recent utility bill, or somethingelse that has the name and address of the person who will acceptdelivery.

This can be sent to us either by fax on 00 33 1 4501 3678, or by emailto [email protected] with either jpeg or gif attachments.

We do not accept mobile phone bills or online statements. If you havenot already done so, please provide us a daytime landline contactnumber.

We are sorry about the inconvenience this may cause you. These measuresare intended for our customer’s protection, due to the large amount ofcredit card fraud on the internet, and to allow us to quickly reimburseanyone who has been a victim of a fraudulent transaction.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/s_action/c...s/index.html#11

Best regards, Pixmania Security Team
Team Pixmania

Pixmania.com : Number 1 in Europe. Low prices guaranteed. Always in stock.

Pixmania is a Fotovista company. "

I just find this a bit annoying when the payment has been accepted by Paypal and has therefore been paid via my credit card. I consider the information they require as private. If Paypal is ok with my current credit arrangements then what is the problem?

Perhaps I am overreacting :sad:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back