What Country You Lot from?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
well a lot of the snakes won't hurt you. and 99% of the time if a snake does bite you its because you were the one harassing and practically begging to get attacked. same with spiders. they want nothing to do with people and try to avoid us as much as possible. the snakes that come into peoples homes only do it because our homes are warmer/cooler than outside and therefore more comfortable, they definitely don't do it to try to get in our way. and i'll be honest, I'm luck if I even see a single snake in a 6 month period. at least one a year though. but i wish I saw more. I love snakes. one of the earliest photos I have of myself was 6yr old me and my uncle with a snake.
Haha only joking but you must admit it is quite the nightmare for people with reptile and insect phobias lol

Haha only joking but you must admit it is quite the nightmare for people with reptile and insect phobias lol
yeah, I have a few friends who are scared of spiders and a couple scared of snakes. the spiders are a more rational fear as you run into them way more often than snakes but they still arent very likely to bite you. i'm always messing around with them and have since I was very little and I've never been bitten. apparently as a toddler I liked collecting red backs in he back yard and trying to keep them as pets. when I was 9 I started feeding all the local golden orb weavers and I started breeding wolf spiders (i'd then release the babies in the back yard. our yard was full of wolf spiders. kinda feel sorry for the new owners. hope they don't have any young kids). currently i'm looking into trapdoor spiders and jumping spiders. huntsmans would also be fun to breed.

Yah I dont have phobias of snakes or spiders. Although LARGE spiders do creep me out a bit. Especially the huntsman spiders.
But yah I wouldn't deliberately go out to hunt them or kill them on sight. They are really interesting creatures and I wouldn't kill them unless they were chewing on my leg or something lol. Which they probably wouldn't do if I kept my distance.
I love most all animals and have a respect for all wildlife

Yah I dont have phobias of snakes or spiders. Although LARGE spiders do creep me out a bit. Especially the huntsman spiders.
But yah I wouldn't deliberately go out to hunt them or kill them on sight. They are really interesting creatures and I wouldn't kill them unless they were chewing on my leg or something lol. Which they probably wouldn't do if I kept my distance.
I love most all animals and have a respect for all wildlife
Yeah I'm not scared of either and I've held both on my hands. Just not poisonous/venemous ones as I don't fancy getting bitten..... or dying, really. Lol

You guys should be more aware. What if one of the Aussies here is a spider? Or if an American is an opossum, or a Canadian a moose?

I found the original idea of the thread interesting, because it's frustrating when people ask about meds, conditions etc, but don't share where they are. A lot of us assume the world is the same as where we're from, no matter where we go. I've seen postings where people asked if anyone knew a good pet store close by, and yet never said if they were in Kentucky or near a fried chicken place in England. I wish the location were obligatory. I'm still hard to find in "Eastern Canada" if I crave privacy, but at least I give context.

You guys should be more aware. What if one of the Aussies here is a spider? Or if an American is an opossum, or a Canadian a moose?

I found the original idea of the thread interesting, because it's frustrating when people ask about meds, conditions etc, but don't share where they are. A lot of us assume the world is the same as where we're from, no matter where we go. I've seen postings where people asked if anyone knew a good pet store close by, and yet never said if they were in Kentucky or near a fried chicken place in England. I wish the location were obligatory. I'm still hard to find in "Eastern Canada" if I crave privacy, but at least I give context.
Yeah I often find it confusing when people ask for good fish product brands, plant or fish websites, good petshops etc without saying where they're from lol

Yeah I'm not scared of either and I've held both on my hands. Just not poisonous/venemous ones as I don't fancy getting bitten..... or dying, really. Lol
Yah he pet and held hand both before. Really docile. But I'm always careful and I don't do it all the time lol.
"Most" lol what animals have failed to earn your respect?
Mosquitoes, ticks, roaches... What purpose in Gods world do they have? 😂

Take them away, especially mosquitoes and we're dead. The old food chain...

They kill us with the diseases they incidentally carry, but other than that, we're just their cows and pigs, at least for mosquitoes and ticks. Roaches are great recyclers, and likely don't care if we exist or not, though some species love human houses.

Looking for a purpose seems futile. They are just as random as we are, and good at what they do. We're kind of like roaches, when you think of it. Those parcourt people even run up walls, and a lot of teenagers stay up all night and shun the morning light. Sometimes they even seem to reproduce pretty quickly too!

I live in the CITY of Billings. The state in the United States where that is located is Montana. Montana does not exist to me. It is behind a fence now and belongs to rich men. Likewise , The United States of America does not exist to me. It is a land ruled by rich men who do not even know I am alive.

I found the original idea of the thread interesting, because it's frustrating when people ask about meds, conditions etc, but don't share where they are.
Speaking as a mod, we do like members to indicate which country they are in for the reason Gary gave. But we are not happy when members give their location as too close to home.
I know the UK best so I will use UK places. The UK is made up of 4 countries, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, so saying UK or one of those countries is fine. Each country is made up of counties; giving the county is fine. Within each county are lots of towns; naming the town is also OK.
Within each town are lots of streets, and each street or part of a street has a postcode. Streets and postcodes are too close to home and we prefer that members do not use these either in posts or as their location.

So yes, give your country or county/state or town, but no closer to identifying where you live.

Teesside is a region of England in the UK rather than a county :)

You have to learn to skate backwards and politely invite the opposing forward to decide to slip between you and the boards. And when he does, you wallop him, take the puck and immediately get walloped yourself. Canadian PASSIVE aggressiveness? Nah, we know there are rules, and that there are grandmothers ready to smack us up the side of the head if we are impolite while being rude.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back