What could this be?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

xxamyxx85

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Morning all My better Zilla has not been well following an injury, he ended up with a fungal and bacterial Infection, I treated with salt and furan 2, he seemed a lot better, however I noticed the other day when he flared that part of his beard was missing, I thought that maybe this might of just been from the previous infection however this morning I came down and his belly is slightly pineconed, then I noticed a little white thread like worm wiggling as he swam past, Iā€™m not sure if it came from Zilla or if it was already in the water, at first I thought it was a small fibre of fluff but when I looked closer it was definitely wriggling around, what could it be? Itā€™s impossible to get a photo as I have tannins in the water and he is a dark coloured fish.

Does the fish look like this My? My betta Zola got stuck in a silk plant and had a similar reaction. I treated with 1 tsp salt and an general antibiotic for 10 days. I also fed Daphne only in very small amounts. Good luck.
Screenshot_20210121-070108_Chrome.jpg

Well thats good. Hope things get better. Zola did better with high quality food to help with minor bloat.

Well thats good. Hope things get better. Zola did better with high quality food to help with minor bloat.
I think this could be caused by a slow internal bleed from the injury and itā€™s causing him to keep getting sick, Iā€™m really not sure what to do for the best, at the moment he seems fine in himself. Thank you, Iā€™m currently using hikari Betta bio gold, do u recommend something else?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back