What could i breed in the same tank as a male betta ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Jellybean123

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I have been planing do a little breeding project this year in the living room was thinking small, colourful breeding fish that can go in a planted tank. However, a friend has asked us to take her male betta/fighter fish she brought for the kids and they arenā€™t interested anymore and she doesnā€™t want to look after it . My other tanks canā€™t house him as they arenā€™t the right conditions or already have a male in . She offered the tank but itā€™s really too small for my liking .

So is there anything I could still breed in a planter tank that the male isnā€™t going to kill/ attack ?

Many thanks in advance

In short, no. He's a surface insect predator, but they always made short work of any fry here.

Just like @GaryE said, he will eat all the fry. But if you still want to do the breeding project now, you can get a 10 gallon. Possibly thr easiest fish to breed (that also happens to be colourful), are guppies or endlers! Put them in, and they will breed. They can even crossbreed safely and become a mixed hybrid. Do your research before you start though. DM me if you have any questions. I breed guppies for their looks and have been doing so for 4 years.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back