What could be causing this??? Damaged pectoral fin.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
This time she is pretty banged up... If you look closely you can see some severe damage. I'm really confused as to how she got it damaged and it does seem to bother her because she flashes on the rocks to itch it... Should I add some of the API salt to the tank?
20220627_161056_capture.jpg

I could try for a video... Maybe tomorrow tho... The tank lights are off
Videos offer much more help than pics do, we get to see behaviors and different angles of any fish we want to examine, for possible help

Tomorrow is fine

Videos offer much more help than pics do, we get to see behaviors and different angles of any fish we want to examine, for possible help

Tomorrow is fine
Yes. I will definitely try to tomorrow but I will be busy...
She seems to be swimming fine but every now and then she flashes on one of the rocks... Probably just scratching it cause it hurts and it's irritated

Just tested today actually. It's 10ppm which is what my tap is anyway. So 10ppm for me is the 0 for you 😅... I wish my tap were lower but no

It's a bit hard to tell due to her not being in focus like the ornament is, but the male might have gotten a little over enthusiastic and bitten her.

Clean water and a bit of salt is fine for peacock gudgeons.
One heaped tablespoon of salt per 20 litres (5 gallons) should be enough to prevent infection. Keep salt in there for 1-2 weeks.

It's a bit hard to tell due to her not being in focus like the ornament is, but the male might have gotten a little over enthusiastic and bitten her.

Clean water and a bit of salt is fine for peacock gudgeons.
One heaped tablespoon of salt per 20 litres (5 gallons) should be enough to prevent infection. Keep salt in there for 1-2 weeks.
Ok! Thanks! Yah the male may have been guarding the eggs and took a chunk of her fins... Ouch

The video doesn't show the injury that well but in the beginning you can kinda see it

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back