What Corys Do I Have?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

zazz

Reaction score
Got these little guys today, wonder if someone could ID them for me as I think they look like trilineatus, I swear that wasn't what was on the label on the tank in the shop...

corys.png

Anyway, whatever they are I love them! Such funny little things, happily playing around lol

i bought my corydoras as julli, but they are trilineatus , yours look a younger version of my adults, commonly sold wrong, have been in many shops where they are listed as leopards ,julli ,sterbai(spell check,lol)

C. trilineatus, despite often being missold as C. julii, are very much a temperate corydoras species just like Peppered (C. paleatus). They have been officially recorded in waters as low as 16C, unlike julii which are very much a mainstream mid tropical species around 25C.

I agree that they are trilineatus cories. I have some, and I love them! Great little fish :D

Thanks all! :) I thought so! What do you think is a reasonable price for these? I paid £14 per pair, wondering if I got ripped off as I can't seem to find much info online...

i was £9 a pair, (wrongly named as julli) but well worth it, lovely ,so playful yet peaceful, here is my adult, my pair have had over 120 eggs,of which i had over 90 fry, they are 5 weeks now, and growing so fast.

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 81
Quite surprised by some of the prices mentioned on here. Around here you can pick them up for £3 or a maximum of £4 is the dearest i've seen them. Although they are a very nice coloured Cory who are very active and worth so much more!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back