What Color Bettas Are These, Never Saw Them Before? Currently At Petco

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

keithp

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Found these at Petco, never saw these colors before they are stunning! Petco location is:

655 West Montauk Highway
West Babylon, NY 11704
631-669-8413

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

They are both fantastic! So beautiful it would be hard to choose, only seen local red and blue myself

Top is Mustard Gas
Bottom Black Orchid
On a Side note that is the cleanist water I have seen posted for Petco Fighters and Look Very Healthy.

Oh, the black one is beautiful! Back when I was a teenager I remember a lfs near me used to breed bettas and they were just trying to develop a black line. They had dark maroon and a nice dark blue, but that was as close to black as they could get at the time. Breeding bettas has come a long way since that time. I'd love to have the one in the picture. :D

Hey Inchworm, the op is from NY too... maybe if he isn't going to buy the black one, he will tell you where you can buy him?

Both are amazing but I bet the mustard gas is even more stunning in a proper tank when settled :p

Both the fish are still there as of today (July 5th) feel free to buy them they need good homes! The location is:

655 West Montauk Highway
West Babylon, NY 11704
631-669-8413

If someone was close by my location I could have bought the bettas and cared for them until the person could meet me to pick up the bettas.

Unfortunetly, those were the cleanest jars in Petco, most of the other fish were dead,sick, or have almost no water to move in. :( Saw a sick red betta I felt so bad for and wanted to help but cant have any more bettas right now.

oh wow that black one is stunning. i rescued a male VT a few weeks ago. He died a week later :( i rescued him because he was doubled over in his cup. he was so big and he couldnt even straighten up. He was never going to survive, under fewd and so badly kept that i bought him and sat him on my desk in a bigger tank to see out the last of his days. He loved it, but his bent spine got the better of him :(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back