What can you tell me about

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mostanks

Fish Addict
Reaction score
http://aquahobby.com/gallery/gborleyi.html
forgot how to spell it,but anyway what's the deal w/them?i have had them before and they were all pretty skittish and didnt last long w/my cichlids or my community tank.
pls share your exp w/these fish.i'd like to have some more but maybe i'm missing something. :hmm:

Is that a leporinus in the picture? Mine looked VERY different!
Slim and long, not high, with yellow and black stripes.
As you probably read, we had to take ours back as it chased the new fish (and ate them) and when our upside down catfish came out for food, he chased and bit him too. They look nice though!

That is not a Leporinus.

Copadichromis borleyi aka red fin borleyi.

It is the most common of the varients...easily found for sale.
There are several new color varients of this species that have been discovered.

IMO the nicest are the Kandango and the varient from crocodile rocks.

Will try to find some pics of the different varieties and post them when I get home from work.

lmoa i thought i did that,sorry,lol wait i'll go get the right one.

OK the link here works.
Actually the info given on the page your link goes to pretty much says it all.

Only thing I disagree with is the minimum tank size recommended. IMO a 70 or 90 gallon should be the smallest these fish should be housed in. Being fantastic jumpers, they need lots of swimming room

I don't think a 55 is adequate for the fasciatus unless your only going to keep one. As I have posted I had two of these in a 135 gallon and with all the other fish it was really to small a tank.

One other thing I had mine in with the "Bruts" of the cichlid world red devils, dempsey's, severums, you name it I had it at one time or another. The Leporinus held their own quite nicely.

Yes just so you all know I started off in this hobby with S/C American cichlids. Still have a fondness for them and still keep a few for my own enjoyment. One of these days when I decide to go back and make it a "Hobby" again, I will probably go back to all S/C Americans. Gotta love the "Bruts"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well first you need to know...your link says the page cannot be found sorry could not resist.

Be happy to give ya info on Leporinus once the species can be identified
:blush: you got me.
thanx for the help.

oh cichlidmaster i'll be getting a new 200gal tank and i plan to keep some blood parrots 1 or 2 red texas and some jellybeans
can't find a flowerhorn but what do you think of this type of setup. ;) :p

i've always wanted a hybrid tank :laugh:

lol i can't even imagine what that would look like :grin:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back