What can I keep with frontosa

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

gusitu

Reaction score
Hello! I have a 60 gallon tank and wanting to keep frontosa. What can I keep with them? When all fish are juveniles. Can I keep pseudotropheus acei, blue dolphin, clown loaches and other peacocks?

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

A 60 gallon tank is only suitable for young Frontosa. Adults need a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft tank (or bigger) due their size when mature, they reach 12-14inches long.

They are relatively peaceful tho so anything that doesn't fit in their mouth should be fine.

Clown Loaches prefer soft water whereas the cichlids do best in hard alkaline water.

Most other relatively peaceful African cichlids of the larger species would do well. You will need a larger tank in the future though. Frontosa get massive and need extra space. I'd personally stick with just dolphins and peacocks along with peaceful catfish species as tank mates. Just make sure all tank mates have similar temperaments and tank/parameter requirements.

Most other relatively peaceful African cichlids of the larger species would do well. You will need a larger tank in the future though. Frontosa get massive and need extra space. I'd personally stick with just dolphins and peacocks along with peaceful catfish species as tank mates. Just make sure all tank mates have similar temperaments and tank/parameter requirements.
How should I keep many frontosa should I keep with dolphins. Should I keep both of them I group of 3? Add more other Africans? How about all male tank cichlids with only one frontosa or few frontosa the rest are male cichlids

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back