🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jmoto

Reaction score
i have a 4ft tank with

8 x gongo tetras
2 x juli corys
2 x blue rams
2 x bristle nose plecos

whenever i try to feed my plecos algae wafers the congos get it first ?
will my plecos eat any bloodworms ? the tank is really clean cuz they always clean it and im sure there not getting enough to eat. what can i do to help them get a good meal ???

Hi Jmoto,

I find cucumber to be a good food supplement, my bristlies are in a well stocked community tank and get shrimp tablets, catfish pellets, and algae wafers. I also feed live blood worm occasionally but i have not seen them eat it, then again the clown loach usually slurp them up before the other fish get a look in.

I just cut a couple of slices of cucumber and poke a plant weight through it so it sinks. As soon as it hits the bottom the plecs, ottos, farlowella, loaches and platies dive on it.

Hope this helps

Emma

Oh they also like cooked shelled peas.

mine get the same there in a 2ft community tank, and there get wafers, cucumber, spinach, and there also eat the baby food (powder) that i put in for the fry.

make sure your tank has lots of bogwood in it as bristle's love bogwood and also plants plenty of them to

Clare :D

oh ok thanks for the info

the thing with the cucumber when u first did it did they rsh to it strai away or have u been feeding them cumcumber for a while that they know what it is ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back