What bottom feeders can you mix with peacock cichlids?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishNewbie82912

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I love my cories but I’ve been told they're too small for a Cichlid tank. What bottom feeders (besides Plecos) can go in the tank? I saw a zebra loach. Would they make it with cichlids?

Best choices would be synodontis catfish loads of cool species to choose from. Some people keep loaches with them but I wouldn’t recommend it personally

Not sure how big he gets but how about a SYNODONTIS EUPTERUS CATFISH MALAWI

Synodontis_Eupteru.jpg

Why is that? I've never kept peacocks so I'm curious.
I’m learning about Africans at the moment but my impression is that aggression wouldn’t be too much of an issue but not sure how clowns would fare in the really hard water or the higher temperatures that peacocks prefer? Happy to be proved wrong though?

Found this on google so yeah
It can get up to 11.8 inches (30 cm) in length, though they usually only obtain 6 - 8” (15-20 cm) in the aquarium. They commonly have a lifespan of 8 to 10 years, but there are reports of them living up to 25 years.

I love my cories but I’ve been told they're too small for a Cichlid tank. What bottom feeders (besides Plecos) can go in the tank? I saw a zebra loach. Would they make it with cichlids?
Not sure if this helps you

Personally I never put anything in with Africans. Just let them do their thing in peace.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back