The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Is she a diva?

• Total voters

TotallyTropical

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I think I have one of the most high maintenance dogs EVER! She is a Siberian Husky/Border Collie mix, and she's 7 years old now! But she hates it when you touch her feet (although that was caused by a traumatic event), she's scared of plastic bags, she's scared of the vacuum, she doesn't like stairs when it comes to swimming (only a gradual slant, like in lakes), she only likes soft food, she will RARELY eat her dog food, and she doesn't like it when dogs are on "her" property. To me that just screams out diva. :rolleyes: Does anyone else have a high maintenance pet?

yep, my husbands my high maintinance pet :lol: seriously though i have a extremly huge gsd who is fearful of other dogs, walking him is a nightmare, i tried to avoid other dogs by only walking when the weather is horific, but, the wimp wont set foot outside if its raining or too windy, big wuss :rolleyes:

My Welsh terrier, Peppy (avatar) is such a chilled out dog compared with yours. You can do absolutely anything with him. He loves cuddles - just snuggles up for hours and he greets every dog he sees. He got bit by a collie once and the next day ran to try and lick him :crazy: He's not very bright though. If he gets stuck in a room or behind something he just stands there until someone comes to rescue it. I don't think there's anything he doesn't like. He just thinks that everything we do is a game.

I think vacuums are something all dogs are wary of. It's funny because they don't realise you control it. Mine barks like mad at it and does the 'play bow'. It's too cute! He does the same to the lawn mower.

My little Millie loves her creature comforts and she gets them......... :D

DSC00453.jpg

I think I have one of the most high maintenance dogs EVER! She is a Siberian Husky/Border Collie mix, and she's 7 years old now! But she hates it when you touch her feet (although that was caused by a traumatic event), she's scared of plastic bags, she's scared of the vacuum, she doesn't like stairs when it comes to swimming (only a gradual slant, like in lakes), she only likes soft food, she will RARELY eat her dog food, and she doesn't like it when dogs are on "her" property. To me that just screams out diva. :rolleyes: Does anyone else have a high maintenance pet?

Well, I have a similar case here:: we rescued/adopted a 1.5 year old husky/shepherd mix who has similar traits to your dog, even looks like your dog! She was a cruelty case, I have worked extensively with her since her adoption and it has taken her 9 mos to really trust me. Husband can't figure this out because she prefers me over him. I am her primary caregiver and I have introduced new foods to her (picky eater) like: cottage cheese, different kinds of meat to mix with canned food, macaroni & cheese, fish, spagetti (no onions), eggs, peanut butter, treats, and she needs encouragement to eat sometimes plus, our senior beagle steals her food when he can. She is the best guard dog ever! Has only knocked me down once by accident going after the stray cat I feed. Daughter hates it when she barks like our beagle does when they see dogs and people walk by, well, this is what a dog normally does especially when other dogs/people are near their territory, its natural to bark and I don't mind it, I expect them to bark. I taught her words/phrases she understands well and does listen to commands. For example, to notify her or our beagle a dog will be passing by the house and I see they are bored, I will say "dog alert" which they recognize, go to the front window to see for themselves, and sometimes respond by barking. Well, I want them to know its okay if they bark because it alerts me if I miss anything. When dogs are receptive like mine I interpret that as them protecting either me the yard/house or all three. Daughter doesn't like my method of teaching but it has worked well with every dog I've owned. But, this new dog is quite attached to me and we click well together, dogs are very perceptive more than people realize. Gee, I could go on and on but better stop in case you have any questions or comments, let me know if you do...hope this helps. :hooray:

I have a Jack Russell and a Jack Russell/Patterdale (Daisy and Poppy) and they are both scared of my Hamster and my Bearded Dragon Mojo... :dunno:

I have two black Labs, one is a completely normal black Lab, sane and sturdy and sensible, while the other we joke is an alien robot made to look like a dog but really sent to observe us. She's really quite-out there.

Dallas Grace loves anything to eat, anything at all, cheese, carrots, cake, socks, you know, she doesn't care as long as it looks like it might be food. Jessie Jane (The Outlaw Jessie Jane) isn't sure if she likes anything, she has to examine everything in detail before she'll eat it, she carries it all upstairs on the the landing and stands and looks at it for five minutes before deciding whether she fancies it. Jessie doesn't like whole cherry tomatoes or bananas.

When you bath her, Dallas stand there waiting patiently to be told she can get out, Jessie lays down flat on her side so she's completely underwater with just her face sticking out (not normal!) and when you walk her, Jessie follows any lines that are on the pavement, you know when they have dug it up to lay cable and a bit of the pavement is a different colour? Jessie follows the "new" asphalt path like little kids do.

My husband calls her OCDog because of her unusual ways lol

Jessie! What a dog. U should video record the walking. And bath if u could manage! I would lo e to see :)

o_O I posted on another board that your dog looks like mine, but now..... i think you have her clone or something. She's a 10yr old husky/german shepherd/greyhound mix (from a shelter, so we're guessing) and she is terrified of anything noisy. we even have her on anxiety meds, and have to tranquilize her during storms. she hates swimming and also doesn't like to eat her food if it doesn't have anything special in it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back