What are you getting yourself for Christmas?

Utar

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I am getting myself a new camcorder for Christmas, right now I am looking at this one.... Camcorder.
I don't have one and I have been using my old Gopro camera for years now, but I always wanted a Camcorder instead.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Well since you asked...
I was thinking about...
image.php.jpg

Gear box on my drill driver has gone a bit crunchy, so a new one of those. The kids are getting me a 1/48 scale model kit of a sea harrier.

Once you get the new one, save the old one and take it apart, I’ve rescued two drills with a simple cleaning... all you need is some oil based cleaners, paper towels and white lithium grease.

Gear box on my drill driver has gone a bit crunchy, so a new one of those. The kids are getting me a 1/48 scale model kit of a sea harrier.
I usually get Lego for Christmas, my wife thinks I'm a big kid. Christmas day is spent drinking beer and building Lego. I love the large Technics range. I hope I never grow up :)

Once you get the new one, save the old one and take it apart, I’ve rescued two drills with a simple cleaning... all you need is some oil based cleaners, paper towels and white lithium grease.
Something is broken, a clean isn't going to rescue it, haven't been able to select the low speed gear box for a good while now, just keep putting off replacing it, and it owes me nothing. However my old corded hammer drill has been rescued a fair few times, on it's third set of brushes and second cord, though doesn't get out much anymore since getting a cordless SDS.

I usually get Lego for Christmas, my wife thinks I'm a big kid. Christmas day is spent drinking beer and building Lego. I love the large Technics range. I hope I never grow up :)

Same here on the activities, but I usually build the LEGO for kids because my wife will get the technics for the boys and it’s way over their heads. Then when I’m done with the LEGO, we need to make dinner and typically one our appliances breaks... man I miss being a kid...

Same here on the activities, but I usually build the LEGO for kids because my wife will get the technics for the boys and it’s way over their heads. Then when I’m done with the LEGO, we need to make dinner and typically one our appliances breaks... man I miss being a kid...
I bought my son the Technic rescue helicopter for his first christmas, he was 11 days old.........

I always thought it would be cool to have kids so I could have a train set, that didn't quite work out and I haven't been able to convince the other half that a train set is a necessity for a boy.

Last edited:
Something is broken, a clean isn't going to rescue it, haven't been able to select the low speed gear box for a good while now, just keep putting off replacing it, and it owes me nothing. However my old corded hammer drill has been rescued a fair few times, on it's third set of brushes and second cord, though doesn't get out much anymore since getting a cordless SDS.

great see I’m not the only one that will breathe air into any tool we own... aside from not having to buy new tools, there is oddly something therapeutic about taking a tool apart and putting it back together... I stand by that, it’s not weird.

I always thought it would be cool to have kids so I could have a train set, that didn't quite work out and I haven't been able to convince the other half that a train set is a necessity for a boy.

you just have to learn the ancient art of planting seeds...

That’s what I did to get my boys into the fish keeping hobby.

I always thought it would be cool to have kids so I could have a train set,

Long ago I got my kids a slot car set for Christmas. Unfortunately we also had Porsche Unleashed video game on our computer with a force feedback steering wheel. The slot car was quite lame compared to driving a 911 thru the Alps on the computer.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back