What are you doing today?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Can that wee mustang sing, or is he a little hoarse?

I am pleased to say I had my last round of tropical travel vaccines today. That's one more step covered. These should be nothing, but that yellow fever vaccine was a fierce one. This was just a few more things that can kill a person covered.
where are you traveling to?

I’m in Guadalajara, Mexico attending a wedding. The groom is local and the bride is from USA. It was a traditional Meriachi wedding with the groom in local garb. Tequila flowed like water. My friend is tending to my three tanks.

Spring break in Wyoming!
IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

You too huh? Was 50 degrees F Friday and then we got 6-8 inches of snow Saturday and Sunday. I've been in Sheridan for about 11 1/4 years and this is the most snow I've seen during a winter here. The front of my apartments faces south so gets sun so there isn't really that much snow on the ground. Now the back of the building faces north and is a different story as it gets no sun. Even with previous melts there is still probably 2-3 feet of snow in the back.

having a bit of an issue with my bird mid morning. I forgot to close and cover his cage last night. He is now in bed with and settled down on my me lower belly sleeping . this is a really big deal as he is a rescue bird and has never even been in my bedroom before. shoot, he normally isn't even slightly friendly if in his cage. Might just be fluke or could be start of a break through.

having a bit of an issue with my bird mid morning. I forgot to close and cover his cage last night. He is now in bed with and settled down on my me lower belly sleeping . this is a really big deal as he is a rescue bird and has never even been in my bedroom before. shoot, he normally isn't even slightly friendly if in his cage. Might just be fluke or could be start of a break through.
Awww that’s so sweet!

Sometimes rescues have trauma related to their cage and being out of it their demeanor totally changes

Sometimes rescues have trauma related to their cage and being out of it their demeanor totally changes
Exactly. :) He is what is called cage bound which boils down to being VERY protective and territorial about his penthouse. Reach into his cage and he will either try to get away or draw blood. When I got him he was in a tiny cage, much too small. His current penthouse is 3X3 feet by 4 feet tall with all different kinds of perches both smooth dowels and natural along with a bunch of toys. Even if it is me reaching in I may end up with a bit of blood on a finger but I don't fault him as it is not his fault. It is the fault of his original human. And his behavior is also possibly related to the fact that, before he ended up with me, he had a bonded mate that died probably due to being egg bound from a lack of calcium. I base that on his taking for ever to realize that a cuttlefish bone was something to nibble.

Out of the cage he is quite different and will climb all over me and likes to sit on a window sill looking outside. One odd thing is that has no issue with other birds he sees outside except robins, he hates them and will go into attack mode or what I consider attack mode. I'll include an image at the end. I can't really know but I suspect that he was left outside a lot in his tiny cage and had a problem with a robin. Being in the small cage he could neither escape or really react. Of course that is just speculation as I can't actually know. He has issues but who does not? Over 4-5 years we've been together we have learned to get along as long I don't invade his cage.

This is what looks like attack mode to me and, yes, there is a robin on the lawn. BTW, his talons are fine enough that he causes zero damage to the window screen when he climbs.
mad bird.JPG

Most reactions

trending

Back