What are you doing today?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Today I am working. making phone calls, Lots of them. Creating new stock for my shop to be released tomorrow. Emails, texts, follow ups. All the boring stuff I always fall behind on or forget about

I just had a nice piece of grilled salmon, hope the guppies weren't looking...
Grilled salmon is AWESOME!! One of my favorite fish to eat.

Maybe the guppies won't mind if it's a different species? Hopefully they dislike salmon as a species 😂😂
They can be like: "You doing us a favor. Thank you master" 😂

My family just went sledding in the mountains! The snow was very powdery, so all of us got our daily workouts going up the hill.
Our dog had extra energy to burn off, so we tied the sleds to his leash at the bottom of the hill and then let him drag them up the hill. I think he's going to be dead for the rest of the day. 😁

Sigh, my stove/oven is also electric. I so much wish it was gas. Gas is just much better for fine control on a stove and when you turn if off it is actually off unlike electric which takes a while for the burner to quit putting heat. As to an oven electric or gas isn't a big deal to me as the oven will still hold heat regardless but on a stove top it is a totally different matter.

Grilled salmon is AWESOME!! One of my favorite fish to eat.

Maybe the guppies won't mind if it's a different species? Hopefully they dislike salmon as a species 😂😂
They can be like: "You doing us a favor. Thank you master" 😂
YUCH!!!! I know that it is popular but I just cannot stand salmon!

Sigh, my stove/oven is also electric. I so much wish it was gas. Gas is just much better for fine control on a stove and when you turn if off it is actually off unlike electric which takes a while for the burner to quit putting heat. As to an oven electric or gas isn't a big deal to me as the oven will still hold heat regardless but on a stove top it is a totally different matter.

I'm not a big fan of salmon but if you make it right it can taste pretty good. I make a honey mustard sauce with additional spices. Give it a try...not bad...and it's very healthy.

Gas is REALLY good. I've heard induction is way better though...
My mom wanted a gas stove before she heard about induction.

The salmon... That's your opinion... (A bad a opinion but an opinion nonetheless 😂😂) (joking)

I have the cake in the oven... Putting it in the bundt cake pan was a struggle... Usually It's not a problem but I have to give it that marble affect. (It's my first MARBLED cake so idk how it'll turn out).

The recipe said 50-70 mins so I did 50 mins to see how that does...

Cooked up really well! Had to put it in for 3 more minutes though...
I have to wait 15 minutes for it to cool while it's in the pan. Then I'll take it out and take a photo if I think it's worthy 😅

Cooked up really well! Had to put it in for 3 more minutes though...
I have to wait 15 minutes for it to cool while it's in the pan. Then I'll take it out and take a photo if I think it's worthy 😅
When I was younger me and my sister made a cake in a bundt pan. We didn't wait for it to cool and ended up with a broken cake 😅

Today was all about the boys...one to his theatre company auditions for next year and the other a wrestling tournament. Dinner after with the family at an overpriced Longhorn, but quality time nonetheless. Now it's time for this old man to nerd a little on some video games.

As you can see, the first layer (the portion on the top) turned out badly due to me not swirling all the way down to that point and I put it in kinda wonky when I was getting a hang of it...
It tastes good. (Got a very small portion from the bottom to test)
20230204_202451.jpg

The ganache hardened in the refrigerator (even though the recipe said it could be held there). Kinda upset. Im slowly microwaving it...

The ganache hardened in the refrigerator (even though the recipe said it could be held there). Kinda upset. Im slowly microwaving it...
Melted the ganache and put it on the cake and now I'm chilling it.
I'll take another photo when I take it out

(Honestly have no idea why I keep updating this 🙄😂.)

Last edited:
Gas is REALLY good. I've heard induction is way better though...
My mom wanted a gas stove before she heard about induction.

The salmon... That's your opinion... (A bad a opinion but an opinion nonetheless 😂😂) (joking)
I cook on induction cooktops, gave my electric range away in 2010. I used to love to bake and bake bread and cakes and then the wheat allergy hit and migraines are no fun.
I love my induction cooktops, even compared to gas that I cooked on for years. You need the right pans, never mind the big flat converter, it makes it take longer to cook than using pans that contain steel or even cast iron. I bought a couple of pans when I bought my cooktops - and mine are the little cheap ones for camping and boating. When I totally redo the kitchen I will probably put a nice 4 burner induction in. But for just me, and I'm not selling the house, these work very well.
What did I do today, sold off all my background inventory except my favorite blue, and helped my daughter pick up a sofa, 75 is easy to load with big stuff now that it's not my daily driver

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back