What are you doing today?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I saw goldfish bowl on my porch, that is a really cool terrarium (?) you have there.
What I did today. I wanted to plant a baby oak in about a 10 gallon pot, to get pot to back yard, I had to clean the garage, to clean the garage I had to make room in the shed for the extra chairs from the garage. There is now a pile at the curb for pickup including a 20 gallon aquarium that probably needs seals, a bicycle that needs tires etc. There is a path thru the garage, a planted oak tree and a reasonably navigable bee shed. (small paths)

Top view:
(Sorry I'm posting too many pictures 😕
But I just like to share lol)
20221109_160309.jpg

I am in the process of putting together a five-gallon for my room. Hello Fishkeeping, I'm back! Or I will be very shortly, anyways.
I'm going to rescue Dad's sparkling gouramis for my five gallon, as he wants to get more bettas for his rice paddy tank and they wouldn't do well with the gouramis.
Ah, the exultant rush of scrubbing year-old dry algae from the inside of a fishtank....
Sparkling gouramis in a 5 gallon tank? Might want to look into that.

I was thinking the same but I mean... They are pretty small and idk how many there are either... Plus @WhistlingBadger will guide her...
Minimum recommended is 10 gallons with 15 gallons being the preferred.(and I’m not sure how many there are)

Actually, kinda rethinking the sparkling gourami thing.... Debating...
There's not a lot of interesting stuff you can put in a five gallon.
Facts. 5 gallon is one of my the most limiting tanks you can get. That’s why I usually recommend beginners get as big of a tank as they can afford/have room for. Also it’s easier to maintain parameters in bigger tanks.

Minimum recommended is 10 gallons with 15 gallons being the preferred.(and I’m not sure how many there are)
Yah ik... But with Badger being Lavender's dad as supervision I think that she has good guidance on what to do. He will probably advise her better than we can (I mean... he lives with her... 😅)
Actually, kinda rethinking the sparkling gourami thing.... Debating...
There's not a lot of interesting stuff you can put in a five gallon.
Yup! There are bettas, some killis, and most definitely shrimp! I'm sure there are other options as well those are just a few that came to mind...
Rocky, your terrarium is really cool!
Thank you!! Spent a good amount of time getting it right! (Even though I'm still not too sure about it 😅)

Facts. 5 gallon is one of my the most limiting tanks you can get. That’s why I usually recommend beginners get as big of a tank as they can afford/have room for. Also it’s easier to maintain parameters in bigger tanks.
Most definitely agree!! Easier to handle surprisingly. Aquarium keeping is one of those things where "bigger is better" applies lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back