What are you doing today?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
On one of my old cars, I had a sensor like that that was a problem. It didn't seem to be sensing a real problem, according to the mechanics, but it would light up and stay lit. If we hooked it up to the computer and canceled it, it would stay cancelled for many months. It cost every time though.

I felt it was the sensor that was the problem, and that it wasn't reflecting anything other than itself. The car ran beautifully, was economical with gas - a good car with a bad light. I had it for 5 years after that started.

Can't do that with a o2 sensor. Wouldn't be a big problem if it didn't have to pass inspection 😕
I had issues with an oxygen sensor on my Holden Camira (4 cylinder station wagon). I went and had it replaced at an exhaust place and they used an aftermarket sensor. The check engine light came on when I was driving home. A few months later the sensor crapped itself and I went to my mechanic and forked out another couple of hundred to get a genuine sensor fitted. The check engine light went out and didn't come back on.

I had issues with an oxygen sensor on my Holden Camira (4 cylinder station wagon). I went and had it replaced at an exhaust place and they used an aftermarket sensor. The check engine light came on when I was driving home. A few months later the sensor crapped itself and I went to my mechanic and forked out another couple of hundred to get a genuine sensor fitted. The check engine light went out and didn't come back on.
We already paid 200 bucks for a genuine sensor. Next step is to test the sensor and see if it’s working properly.

For crying out loud ! Buy an old VW Bug and rebuild it. No computer , no fuel injection , no pollution add ons and as simple as a car gets. If you have a body then aftermarket parts are everywhere.
Bumblebeeeeeeeeeeee

I would not spend that much on anything with my cars.....I am far too stingy :lol:

On the occasion when asked "why is this or that sensor/light not working" etc

"Sorry mate, this is how I bought the car" or "Nah mate, the car is the older model, never had one of those fitted" The cars always had my private plates on them and were grey imports so unless the tester was a real jobsworth, they wouldn't bother checking the model or year on it and just accepted my word.

I do admit that since I always did my own maintenance and engine rebuilds anyway and on testing day, I always turned up at the testing station in my oily overalls with greasy hands.

My last car, a single Turbo Toyota Supra, had a full one-piece stainless steel Mongoose and it meant that a number of sensors etc accidently on purpose got binned....basically cos I did not want to cut the system and certain parts of the engine and mounts had to be skillfully altered to make things fit. I had so much fun with that car on testing day....the old noxious gas tester clipped to the 5 inch diameter rear exhaust can....touch that throttle at that gas tester took flying lessons. (My best mate's son also used the car to take his driving test in too...and he passed first time)

I used to LOVE pulling the wool over a vehicle tester's eyes......half of the stuff under the bonnet of a car thesedays is not needed. Those stupid vanity panels that cover everything up and make it look "nice", they come off right away cos I liked to actually SEE my engine and be able to check water, oil etc without having to striptease the engine compartment first. If I could have binned the damned computerised engine management system, I would have done. Give me a bog standard, easy to work on old fashioned bare V8 any day of the week. Can't be doing with computerised engine management nonsense, I remap and strip it as much as I can.

My cars were always legal...noisy thanks to the Mongoose...but totally legal

I was watching tele tonight and heard a funny noise outside. I opened the front door to see what the noise was and a heap of insects flew inside. Not happy Jan (reference to a yellow pages add we had in Australia some years back). I spent several hundred dollars at the hardware a couple of weeks ago buying bug repellent and killing chemicals and sprayed them all over the door and walls. I poured it all over the plants and garden bed and even poured a heap down the drain out front. The place stinks of chemicals and the bloody insects are immune to it. AHHHHHHHH, not happy Jan.

I was watching tele tonight and heard a funny noise outside. I opened the front door to see what the noise was and a heap of insects flew inside. Not happy Jan (reference to a yellow pages add we had in Australia some years back). I spent several hundred dollars at the hardware a couple of weeks ago buying bug repellent and killing chemicals and sprayed them all over the door and walls. I poured it all over the plants and garden bed and even poured a heap down the drain out front. The place stinks of chemicals and the bloody insects are immune to it. AHHHHHHHH, not happy Jan.
That'll teach you not to be nosy about that noise outside then :lol: :lol:

It was a carefully stage managed trap by the bugs and creepy crawlies....

"hehehehehehe...lets make some noise and have him look outside....then we shall invade and takeover his space....hehehehe...he can't defeat us....we are the sneaky mob....we will take over his world and make him miserable....hehehehehehe"

Be happy to see those bugs Colin. We are poisoning them off into oblivion. Like anything in the food chain they serve a purpose . Birds , fish , reptiles and amphibians are in decline because of a lack of bugs.

For crying out loud ! Buy an old VW Bug and rebuild it. No computer , no fuel injection , no pollution add ons and as simple as a car gets. If you have a body then aftermarket parts are everywhere.
That wouldn't fit a family of 4 very comfortably.
If we can't fix this we will part it out and get a new car.

Be happy to see those bugs Colin. We are poisoning them off into oblivion. Like anything in the food chain they serve a purpose . Birds , fish , reptiles and amphibians are in decline because of a lack of bugs.
I don't care about bugs right at this moment in life. I have put up with literally thousands of insects coming into this unit every night since I moved in here back in January. I am spending over a hundred dollars a week trying to stop them. I have spent over $4000 of my savings, plus all of my pension since January and a lot of that has gone trying to deal with these fupling bugs.

If I ever get the data off my laptop I will show you lot the videos I made where I can't see the front door that is 10 feet in front of me because the hall is full of insects. I also have photos pf the dead bugs on the floor the morning after, and I was using a dust pan as a scoop to remove piles of dead insects.

I am on the phone to the suicide help lines a couple of times a week because the insects in this place are literally driving me insane. I have put in work orders and they don't get done. Consumer protection says it's up to the tenant to take the owners and real estate agents to court if the work order isn't done in a reasonable period of time. And the tenant decides how long a reasonable period of time is. There's no actual guidelines in the Act for how long work orders should take to get done. I can't go to court because there is a pandemic and the fupling moron government removed all the mask laws so everyone is spreading the damn virus. And if I catch any virus then I'm off to hospital and probably the morgue. So i can't take anyone to court and I am wasting all my money on a craphole vermin infested, insect riddled 1 bedroom dump that is only 2 years old and is chewing up my life savings.

That wouldn't fit a family of 4 very comfortably.
If we can't fix this we will part it out and get a new car.
The worst thing to happen to cars is that they became too clever for their own good

The old bog standard V6 or V8 without the frilly bits like engine management, ABS and so forth are so much easier and cheaper to look after and when properly maintained literally trounce these highly pooterised and sensored modern cars

Driving by the seat of your pants is sadly gone now and that is so sad. You feel the car, you listen to the engine and you learn how to drive it and make the car an extension of your body and mind

Case in point...one of my neighbours has a Nissan Micra. He recently passed his driving test and bought the car as his first ever car.

He has zero concept of the clutch bite...zero.

When talking to him he doesn't know what I mean when I say to listen to the engine tone and feel the clutch bite.

Instead he revs the engine to the redline each and every move he makes to park it or leave the parking place

He told me that his driving instructer told him to rev the car so he can hear it as that is the only way to know that the clutch is working....the "engine management thing" will tell him when it is ready to move the car

The engine will go bang....inevitably. The poor thing is revved to an inch of its nuts constantly...even tween gear changes.

Feel the car under your bottom and under your feet...listen to the engine...smell the aromas eminating from the car....it will tell you when something is not right.....you don't need a christmas tree display on the dashboard or an engine management system or sensors to tell you....the car will tell you all that you need to know

Yesterday my mom tried calling to get me an appointment at the doctor's so I could be tested for food allergies.... But the person behind the line was either extremely busy or extremely lazy cause she was on hold for like 30 minutes!
So we were not able to make an appointment :(

What
Staring out of a caravan window on the Isle Of Wight at torrential rain. Tonight’s our last night before returning home. If on the mainland we’d just pack up and drive home but Ferry is booked for tomorrow and non transferable.
Looking for indoor stuff to visit and The National Poo Museum is in errrrh No1 or No2 position. It’s real and a very education orientated regarding the human digestive system. Though they also sell T-shirts in the visitor shop………..;)
What a let down. Our caravan is bigger. Though it is in a former military gun emplacement toilet block. Didn’t buy a tee shirt btw.

Busy enough to not realize 20 years had passed;)
yup. I've been in this house 21 years. So far the bathroom has gotten painted. I'm always surprised when I look in my mirror and see the wrinkles. But I've raised a mess of chickens and fish and dogs that came in as young pups have died of old age. 2 of cancer, the old age ones were fortunate, got another one getting there. Not to mention my grandson that arrived from California at about 5 months of age just turned 18, and he was halfway raised here. His mom works and this is home number 2, plus 4 younger grandchildren.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back