What are you doing today?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
That picture reminds me of a time at the dog park. One of the dogs (Tammy) was barking continuously for someone to throw the ball and she wouldn't shut up. So I looked at another dog (Dozer the Great Dane x) and said Doze, you can bite her on the head if you like. So he walks over to her and puts his jaws over her head and just stands there. Tammy shuts up and everyone wets themselves laughing. After about a minute I say "you can let her go if you like", so he does. Tammy runs off to the ball and starts barking again. I'm sure some dogs understand exactly what we say :)

Staring out of a caravan window on the Isle Of Wight at torrential rain. Tonight’s our last night before returning home. If on the mainland we’d just pack up and drive home but Ferry is booked for tomorrow and non transferable.
Looking for indoor stuff to visit and The National Poo Museum is in errrrh No1 or No2 position. It’s real and a very education orientated regarding the human digestive system. Though they also sell T-shirts in the visitor shop………..;)

Staring out of a caravan window on the Isle Of Wight at torrential rain. Tonight’s our last night before returning home. If on the mainland we’d just pack up and drive home but Ferry is booked for tomorrow and non transferable.
Looking for indoor stuff to visit and The National Poo Museum is in errrrh No1 or No2 position. It’s real and a very education orientated regarding the human digestive system. Though they also sell T-shirts in the visitor shop………..;)
As someone born and brought up on the Izzle of Widget....

To name but a few....

As someone born and brought up on the Izzle of Widget....

To name but a few....
Already been to a lot of them. We’re in our 50-60s so the fairground stuffs off the list.
Also been to the LFS (Maidenheads) at Apse Heath. Very small selection but of those available there’s a lot of each breed. Only albino cherry barbs were “out of the norm” and I could get those in my local Maidenheads.

Already been to a lot of them. We’re in our 50-60s so the fairground stuffs off the list.
Also been to the LFS (Maidenheads) at Apse Heath. Very small selection but of those available there’s a lot of each breed. Only albino cherry barbs were “out of the norm” and I could get those in my local Maidenheads.
Carisbrook Castle with the donkey wheel (and yes, you can cuddle the donkeys, who take turns in being there from the IoW Donkey Sanctuary - also open to the public)

Yarmouth Castle

Appuldurcombe House

Isle of Wight Aviation & Rocketry at Sandown

Isle of Wight Pearl

Isle of Wight Alpacas

Calbourne Mill

Another alternative would be to get to Ryde, hop onto a hovercraft to Southsea and visit the Blue Reef

The flights on the hovercraft take around 10 minutes, sometimes less on calmer days, so a decent visit to either or both of the above is possible...I have done it a few times when still living on the island

Have a eye doctor appointment that is 30-40 minutes away at 8am so had to wake up at around 4:55am... I'm actually less tired than I thought I'd be 😅
But I'll feel it later tonight 🤣

Last night we had howling winds and sheets of rain for a few hours, from a weather system stalled by the incoming hurricane. It has now headed east to meet up with Hurricane Fiona, where I believe the two of them will go for a beer and then turn into a tropical storm together. We should only get the edge, depending on tracking. There will be rain here. The hurricane level winds will be northeast of here. It will be a mess. We have these events rarely, unlike places south of us, but south seems to be moving north very steadily.

When the south gets hit with a small snowstorm, we watch them flail around. Now the tables are turned - we have very little hurricane infrastructure.

So today, storm chips and beer shopping, then something to fix the garage door as some rain came in last night. The fishroom is all ready if there is a power loss, and the dog has calmed down (last night when the low pressure hit, she was clearly concerned). The birds out front are flying badly as they fight the shifting wind, but the ferry to Nova Scotia is booting it by my study window on mildly choppy seas, probably with no plans to return til all this has blown over.

A bird just hit the window hard as i finished the last paragraph, and when I went out to check it, the wind is swirling out front. The bird was okay, probably just feeling like it had played a good hockey game. I notice my good friends the seven crows are staying on the ground, arguing with the seagulls among the headstones in the seaside cemetery across the road. Yesterday, they were all on a grave eating doritos out of a bag when I walked by.

I'll finish my coffee in the fishroom, then do the rounds of some elderly peoples' homes to make sure everything in their yards is safely stowed. The wind seems to be blowing from the north, east and south, and if I weren't bald, there'd be a bad hair day coming.

To hide that annoying light on your dashboard you need.....

A tin of aircraft model paint (choose the correct shade as per the colour of the dashboard)
A fine paintbrush....something, again, an aircraft modeller would use
A towrope in the back of the car for emergencies and a relative's phone number (ideally a relative with a vehicle larger than your own)

To do this right, you need a steady hand....so no beer the night before otherwise the wrong light might get painted over

Carefully paint over the offending flashing or stubbornly stuck light on your dashboard. Wait for it to dry fully before driving the vehicle.

Always remember to pack that towrope since if your painting has gone wrong, there is a danger that by deleting that pesky light on the dashboard, the engine within the vehicle might suffer either instant death or a severe case of internal spontaneous combustion and the vehicle will require towing home.

Be prepared for all eventualities at all times.

A vehicle can spring a nasty surprise at any given time...especially if they wish to get their own back on an owner who has vandalised the dashboard with paint, tape or pliers.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back