What are you doing today?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Busy day.
New garage doors fitted this morning, at the same time as the gas boiler was serviced.
Our son is in hospital, he borrowed a phone to ring us to say his phone battery is flat so could we take his charger and cable in. We weren't allowed to see him as it wasn't visiting time and even if it had been, we didn't have a visiting appointment then (still one of the Covid rules)
After lunch took the cat to the vet. If he was a fish he'd have dropsy. We weren't expecting him to come home, but the vet wants to do an ultrasound tomorrow just in case but he did say it's not looking good.........

Well, I just went to the dentist so that stunk lol. I have horrible enamel due to the EDS I have so have EIGHT, YEST EIGHT cavities.. Now 5.. They numbed me up so much I can't feal the roof of my mouth, nose, lip, part of my cheek, and below my right eye..
Oh man... Sorry about that.
I assume the number went down cause the doctors were able to fix the cavities?
Be careful with accidentally biting your cheek. Cause when it's numb you won't feel a thing 😬

Busy day.
New garage doors fitted this morning, at the same time as the gas boiler was serviced.
Our son is in hospital, he borrowed a phone to ring us to say his phone battery is flat so could we take his charger and cable in. We weren't allowed to see him as it wasn't visiting time and even if it had been, we didn't have a visiting appointment then (still one of the Covid rules)
After lunch took the cat to the vet. If he was a fish he'd have dropsy. We weren't expecting him to come home, but the vet wants to do an ultrasound tomorrow just in case but he did say it's not looking good.........
Oh no Essjay! I'm so sorry that's happening...
I hope your son and cat get better.
Do you know what happened to your son? Or if you'd rather not say that's fine

Just got done with Home School day at our "local" aquarium!
Really fun!
Sadly unlike past years, there wasn't a lit of activities to do for us. But we still got away from paper work so YIPEE 🤣
Usually they don't have the parakeets there. Those were just there for the homeschoolers and young kids.
Pictures:

It sounds like everyone needs a hug. Bears near goats or beehives are trouble, and my heart aches for kitties with dropsy, and Essjay I hope your son is ok. too. Dentists are also never fun.

I just need to go fill my 40 gallon and be sure it doesn't leak. The seals I did are not pretty, I was overly generous with the silicone, but it's a 1995 aquarium manufactured in Louisiana by OceanView, a company known for generous seals, and to be honest it didn't leak, but 27 year old seals should be replaced after a couple of years outdoors. Wasn't sure I got every trace of the old one so I made sure the new were wide enough. It's for my house, doesn't require perfection, can't leak. If it doesn't leak in 24 hours I'll drain it and bring it in to redo the painting on the back.

There is something rustling around in the shed on the border of my property. It sounds large

so time for you to write part 2 of the story....
“As I slowly approached the shed, all of a sudden”.... (someone write the next part)

Last edited:
Hopefully our son will be out of hospital in a few days after they've done some tests.

Leo the cat is a different matter. He is 17.5 years old and his time has come.

Hopefully our son will be out of hospital in a few days after they've done some tests.
That's good to hear. Hopefully everything is good with him!

Leo the cat is a different matter. He is 17.5 years old and his time has come
Sorry to hear Essjay...
I've lost pets before. It's not fun.
But at least you can know he lived a long happy life with you.

Well, I just went to the dentist so that stunk lol. I have horrible enamel due to the EDS I have so have EIGHT, YEST EIGHT cavities.. Now 5.. They numbed me up so much I can't feal the roof of my mouth, nose, lip, part of my cheek, and below my right eye..
You have EDS too!?

I thought when she said EDS it meant that but I wasn't sure so I didn't say anything...
If so that would be really cool (not that you guys have it, just now you guys have someone to talk to who understands)

I thought when she said EDS it meant that but I wasn't sure so I didn't say anything...
If so that would be really cool (not that you guys have it, just now you guys have someone to talk to who understands)
Ehlers danlos syndrome. It makes my tooth enamel awful too, and it makes it that anesthetic doesn’t work the same so it wears off faster and you need wayyyyy more than a normal person. It’s the cause of all my problems:rofl:

Ehlers danlos syndrome. It makes my tooth enamel awful too, and it makes it that anesthetic doesn’t work the same so it wears off faster and you need wayyyyy more than a normal person. It’s the cause of all my problems:rofl:
And what part of the body doesn't it affect? 🤣
Like seriously...

So how do you two try to protect your teeth? If the enamel is weak I imagine it is very easy to get tooth damage.
Do you have things that boost enamel?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back