What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Couple photos of todays fair day. The ribbon races were my favorite for sure, I miss riding a lot!
44B7854F-3B22-4682-AD2E-0A416E2D453B.jpeg
2BA10F2F-12F8-4AC3-94ED-53D4B5C8728F.jpeg
16FDE61A-F048-4857-B89C-53D978BAD66B.jpeg

It is Monday which means its laundry day.....why do Mondays come around so quickly?

Two washer loads, two dryer loads and the dehumidifier on.....and yes, I have worked out the exact cost, £1.20 for the entire lot, takes around 4 hours in total. Always useful when buying washers and dryers etc...get "A" rated on the consumption department ;)

I am officially a pro at using a baitcaster. Went down to my local pond and practiced a bit. Easier than it looks.
I haven't fished in years but could handle a caster OK. A light touch of the thumb on the spool does a lot to prevent backlash. The caster I had was a pflueger. My favorite though was a Shakespeare open face that I won in a fishing contest when I was ~15. It came with an Ugly Stick rod and made for a nice rig.

I still have an open face around somewhere but would have to hunt.

It is Monday which means its laundry day.....why do Mondays come around so quickly?

Two washer loads, two dryer loads and the dehumidifier on.....and yes, I have worked out the exact cost, £1.20 for the entire lot, takes around 4 hours in total. Always useful when buying washers and dryers etc...get "A" rated on the consumption department ;)
I'm fortunate enough to have cheap laundry in my apartments. A full load, wash and dry, only costs $1.25 USD. so we are near the same as to cost with yours being $1.38 USD. Compared to a local laundry mat costing at least $5.00 USD for a wash and dry we both get off cheap.

I am spending today waiting for a phone call. Our son's partner is being induced today so we'll hopefully have baby Noah arrive at some time during the day. Unless too many women in labour turn up at the hospital, then it'll be postponed.

I spent 5 hours getting pissed off by insects, killing insects, cleaning up their bodies, and then freaking out because more had just landed on everything I cleaned. And now I am re-washing the clothes that were clean and dry yesterday but got contaminated last night.

going slightly :crazy: , going slightly :mad: . :crazy: :mad: :crazy: :mad: :crazy: :mad: :crazy:

my poor neighbours, having to listen to me go ape blank over bugs

Oh well, not today. She's now booked in for Wednesday - unless she goes into labour naturally before then.
Trampoline?
Warm bath?
Jog around the garden for an hour?

(Typical baby boy really...can't be bothered to get out of bed in the morning)

;)

I was amazed to discover a statistic on the NHS website - 1 in 5 births are now induced :oops:

And it's more complicated than 40 years ago. It's now a several stage process;
Cervical sweep
If that doesn't work, prostaglandin pessaries
If that doesn't work, 'break the waters'
Finally if all the previous haven't worked, an oxytocin drip.

I was amazed to discover a statistic on the NHS website - 1 in 5 births are now induced :oops:

And it's more complicated than 40 years ago. It's now a several stage process;
Cervical sweep
If that doesn't work, prostaglandin pessaries
If that doesn't work, 'break the waters'
Finally if all the previous haven't worked, an oxytocin drip.
When I had my son in 1982, I had been in hospital for 5 months due to extreme sickness. They decided to kickstart things with the pessary.

Midday, did the pessary...felt nothing
2pm had a check to see progress.....5cm dilated...felt nothing
Walked down to labour ward....felt nothing
3pm checked again....10cm dilated....felt nothing
3.15pm they broke the waters......felt like a truck just hit me
4pm...son born and whisked into baby ICU due to full term with immature lungs, bowel outside of body and a heart murmur.

Not the best experience really....it was the last as well by my own choice. I was not maternal in any way shape or form...maybe cos he was in baby ICU for months and had multiple operations, never bonded with him.

Would have like to be a grandma but that will not be happening due to myself not being able to give him a good enough life so adopted him out at 18 months old. Sorted a trust fund for him when he was 18 years old which he used to go through medical school. He married and relocated to San Antonio, unfortunately in 2008 he, his new wife and their unborn child were killed in a head on crash with a drink driver. I discovered what he had done with his life and what had happened to him via my solicitor who managed the trust fund for him.

That's really tough, I have been so lucky in comparison.

I was also induced in 1982. I was a week overdue (luckily, as I had a really rotten cold on the due date) and when I started having Brackston-Hicks contractions every 5 minutes my husband and mother ganged up on me at 10 pm and made me go into hospital. Of course the B-H contractions stopped in the middle of the night. The following morning they said I was 4 cm dilated and a week overdue so they broke my waters. One contraction then nothing. So I ended up on a drip and once the contractions started the baby was born two and a half hours later. All 9 lb of him. I console myself that my grandmother never knew how much my father weighed - the scales only went up to 12 lb. Compared to over12 lb, 9 lb is nothing.

Interesting that they measured dilation in metric but baby weight in Imperial :huh:

I think doctors have to stop playing god and golf and let babies be born when they are ready, and not push em out early so they can play golf on the weekend. Humans have been pushing out babies for several hundred thousand years and doctors have been inducing early for the last 50. They aren't helping the human race by forcing out babies early.

C sections are another thing that shouldn't be done unless it's an emergency. There's a reason babies are born close to their mum's bum, so they pick up bacteria to help get their digestive tract and immune system going. Since C sections became common, there has been a marked rise in people (delivered by C section) having asthma and numerous other allergies and intolerances. And whilst some of this can be blamed on environment, most is due to women saying they want it out the easy way.

I think doctors have to stop playing god and golf and let babies be born when they are ready, and not push em out early so they can play golf on the weekend. Humans have been pushing out babies for several hundred thousand years and doctors have been inducing early for the last 50. They aren't helping the human race by forcing out babies early.

C sections are another thing that shouldn't be done unless it's an emergency. There's a reason babies are born close to their mum's bum, so they pick up bacteria to help get their digestive tract and immune system going. Since C sections became common, there has been a marked rise in people (delivered by C section) having asthma and numerous other allergies and intolerances. And whilst some of this can be blamed on environment, most is due to women saying they want it out the easy way.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back