What are you doing today?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Since I am waiting for my aquarium to be delivered I went out yesterday and today to do some reconnaissance of the local fish stores. I like what I saw and have likely narrowed my favorite store down to Kona Reef in Surprise, AZ.
What size tank?

I like your sig...:)

[VIDEO]

So I broke down a rimless 16 gallon, emptied 90% of water in four of my 5 gallon tanks, moved them to another rack and re set them up, took down the shelf they were originally sitting on, made over 20 gallons of RODI water, moved a 120 Marineland stand in the basement, set up the 120 acrylic on the stand, took 120lbs of sand down the stairs for the acrylic, set up a FX4 in the tank, planted the tank, and tied 6 anubia to driftwood (anchored new DW with rocks to keep it from floating). Plus I cleaned and vacuumed the basement ahead of time. I wanted to do more, but I just didn't have it in me, lol

Attachments

• 20220827_165429.jpg
    20220827_165429.jpg
    641.4 KB · Views: 15
Water change day today....then its BTCC day, so infront of TV watching the cars racing at Thruxton for the day...wishing I was there in person but watching racing on TV is as good (except you can't smell the burning rubber, the oil, the exhausts....or hear the cheering and shouting so much)

Water change day today....then its BTCC day, so infront of TV watching the cars racing at Thruxton for the day...wishing I was there in person but watching racing on TV is as good (except you can't smell the burning rubber, the oil, the exhausts....or hear the cheering and shouting so much)
That's the whole point of watching it on TV, so you don't suck exhaust fumes or deal with duckheads screaming in your ears.

Motor racing, bad for the environment. The electronic racing they did during the pandemic is much better for the environment and significantly less damaging to the planet.

So I cut up a piece of acrylic into 2 (well 3 since the jigsaw bouncing shattered one part) pieces in an attempt to additionaly reinforce the center brace that was broken by my cat. Hopefully it will help assure my sister that the tank will not break under the weight of the water. Not the prettiest job, but cutting acrylic with a jigsaw on a makeshift table isn't easy. Will serve it purpose, I hope.
Wish I didn't have work tomorrow as I could use a break from my weekend, lol
IMG_20220828_121016520.jpg
IMG_20220828_161012609_HDR.jpg

So I cut up a piece of acrylic into 2 (well 3 since the jigsaw bouncing shattered one part) pieces in an attempt to additionaly reinforce the center brace that was broken by my cat. Hopefully it will help assure my sister that the tank will not break under the weight of the water. Not the prettiest job, but cutting acrylic with a jigsaw on a makeshift table isn't easy. Will serve it purpose, I hope.
Wish I didn't have work tomorrow as I could use a break from my weekend, lol
If cutting Perspex, use a fine tooth blade and go slow.

Make sure the Perspex is on a hard flat surface and the only piece hanging over the edge is the piece being cut. If you are cutting a large piece, get someone to hold the part being cut (make sure you don't cut them).

Some people put masking tape over the Perspex where it's going to be cut to help reduce cracks.

You can use fine sand paper (wet & dry) on a sanding block to smoother the edges.

That's the whole point of watching it on TV, so you don't suck exhaust fumes or deal with duckheads screaming in your ears.

Motor racing, bad for the environment. The electronic racing they did during the pandemic is much better for the environment and significantly less damaging to the planet.
BTCC use hybrid cars now. It is their first season using them

Yesterday's racing was very good/

However the day was marred by a very serious crash in one of the support races...Ginetta GT4. One car lost control and cut across another car at 140mph. Both went into the armco barriers with one tumbling end over end several times. The racing was halted for two hours whilst the medical teams and marshalls dealt with the aftermath. Both drivers were cut free and airlifted to hospital and reported to be in serious but stable condition.

Crashes are a part and parcel of motorsport but seeing them happen and when they are so severe is never easy to watch, even from afar on TV.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back