What are you doing today?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The wetroom was done in 2018 and the very slight bowl shaped floor to stop water escaping the bathroom was not done properly, so instead of the water going down the drain, it leaves via the door and soaks the hallway carpet instead....not ideal really.
Sounds like the dry floor drain in the bathroom here. It doesn't go anywhere. Like who the hell puts a drain in a bathroom that doesn't go anywhere. Seriously, what sort of idiot does that?

And there are no building code violations because apparently the developers kick up a stink whenever the government tries to improve the building code. So we have a 50 year old building code in this state and nobody to enforce it. And the codes need to be updated in a major way. Talk about a backward state.

He is beyond hysterical to do anything with. Seriously. If he doesn't attack me, he attacks the jug that I use to remove the old water. Then he goes into full on Springer Spaniel play mode with zoomies, tail wagging, going in circles til he makes himself dizzy.
Pictures and video or it didn't happen :)

Fred hangs out under the flow, lets it push him downwards, turns around and sits under it again, gets pushed down....there he is wagging his tail and bouncing around being daft.
He's getting his half hour of daily exercise.
He's building himself up to be the Arnold Schwarzenegger of the fish world so he can drag you into the tank and beat the snot out of you.

Sounds like the dry floor drain in the bathroom here. It doesn't go anywhere. Like who the hell puts a drain in a bathroom that doesn't go anywhere. Seriously, what sort of idiot does that?

And there are no building code violations because apparently the developers kick up a stink whenever the government tries to improve the building code. So we have a 50 year old building code in this state and nobody to enforce it. And the codes need to be updated in a major way. Talk about a backward state.
The local authority own the flat. they requested quotes to do the conversion from standard bathroom to wetroom

One quote came from an acredited accessible wetroom company, the other came from a builder that does barn conversions.

The council chose the barn conversion company.

The spec required an electric pump to assist getting rid of excess water in the shower area. It was never fitted....infact it was never even included when the work was done.

I have informed the council of the various issues......not just the floor issue but that the wash basin was meant to be non pedestal and fitted higher up the wall (I am 6ft tall with arthritis in lower back so leaning over a standard heigh basin with pedestal gets painful) the wash basin installed is a pedestal type that isn't even hip height to me, so I bought a fold away chair to sit on so that I can use the basin....its also in the wrong place so I fight the shower curtain all the time due to the front lip of the basin being inside the shower area.

At the time it was done, I was so appreciative of it being done (I had waited 3 years on their waiting list for the work to be done) I don't like making a fuss over the issues, so I do my best to adapt and fix them myself. Obviously if the issues become beyond basic DIY fix, then I will have to get it sorted properly but I suspect that it will mean ripping the whole bathroom out and replacing it again which will be another week long upheaval......its the lesser of two evils to just DIY fix things.

I have informed the council of the various issues......not just the floor issue but that the wash basin was meant to be non pedestal and fitted higher up the wall (I am 6ft tall with arthritis in lower back so leaning over a standard heigh basin with pedestal gets painful) the wash basin installed is a pedestal type that isn't even hip height to me, so I bought a fold away chair to sit on so that I can use the basin....
I have a similar problem here. The bathroom sink is about 30 inches above the ground (presumably built for toddlers. And the sink is so small I can't wash my hands in it. Plus the tap only overhangs the sink by 1 inch so I don't even bother using that tap or sink.

The laundry sink is about 4 ft high and has a huge lip around the edge so you can't hang a washing machine hose over it. And the tap for that is tiny and against the back wall. The sink is also fitted in lengthwise so it is further to reach the wall.

The kitchen sink is about 1 meter high but the sink is set back about 5 inches from the edge and the tap is tiny and on the back. So I have to try and lean across the sink to wash anything, which kills my back too, (I'm also 6ft or just under thanks to a car accident). They also put deep sinks in the kitchen so there is no room under the bench to store anything.

I don't know what sort of moron would put fixtures into a house like this place. They are obviously 7 ft tall, have arms that are 4 ft long and hands the size of an infants. It really does baffle me, the mentality of some people when they pick fittings and fixtures to go in a rental property. It looks pretty, we'll use it. But dear, it's totally impractical. It looks pretty tho.

I have a similar problem here. The bathroom sink is about 30 inches above the ground (presumably built for toddlers. And the sink is so small I can't wash my hands in it. Plus the tap only overhangs the sink by 1 inch so I don't even bother using that tap or sink.

The laundry sink is about 4 ft high and has a huge lip around the edge so you can't hang a washing machine hose over it. And the tap for that is tiny and against the back wall. The sink is also fitted in lengthwise so it is further to reach the wall.

The kitchen sink is about 1 meter high but the sink is set back about 5 inches from the edge and the tap is tiny and on the back. So I have to try and lean across the sink to wash anything, which kills my back too, (I'm also 6ft or just under thanks to a car accident). They also put deep sinks in the kitchen so there is no room under the bench to store anything.

I don't know what sort of moron would put fixtures into a house like this place. They are obviously 7 ft tall, have arms that are 4 ft long and hands the size of an infants. It really does baffle me, the mentality of some people when they pick fittings and fixtures to go in a rental property. It looks pretty, we'll use it. But dear, it's totally impractical. It looks pretty tho.
I have always suspected that things like height of sinks etc date back to the 40's and 50's when generally people were not as tall as they are nowadays and mobility issues were not so commonplace....a sort of one size fits all mentality.

I have always suspected that things like height of sinks etc date back to the 40's and 50's when generally people were not as tall as they are nowadays and mobility issues were not so commonplace....a sort of one size fits all mentality.
Maybe, but the place I am in is only 2 years old so either the person who picked the fixtures/ fittings is a dwarf that carries a step ladder or a 7ft giant with baby hands, or they are just stupid. I reckon the latter :)

This place was not made for wheelchairs. The entry hall narrows after 4 feet and I have to turn sideways and walk like a crab to get down it. If the ambulance officers ever have to get me out of here, they will be carrying me because I doubt a trolley or wheelchair would fit.

I am waiting on the aquarium that I have on order to be delivered (sometime in late October) so today I will do some RECON of the local fish stores to see what is out there.

Should be fun!

I've been working on my cross stich. The pattern comes in 16 sheets and today I finished the first sheet, the bottom left corner; 9600 stitches. The finished size is quoted as 66 x 45 cm or 26.1 x 17.8 inches. It's taken me about 2 months, it'll take 3 years to finish at this rate :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back