What are you doing today?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
He phoned from hospital - he's on a drip and they want to keep him in. I hate to think what he's eaten, or perhaps it's a bug he's caught. He's more worried about someone getting in and stealing things :rolleyes:

The management company say it's the leaseholder's responsibility and we don't need permission as it's a replacement not an alteration, as long is the replacement is like for like. There's someone going round today to measure and make safe then they'll fit a new door tomorrow. The ironic thing is our son has a handyman business and he's more than capable of replacing the door - if he wasn't in hospital and too weak to manhandle heavy doors.
Things will get sorted, hopefully quickly for your son and his flat door.

Can a family member stay at the flat til its secure or is that not an option?

There's only me and my husband. The only other family is my other son who lives over an hour away and is waiting for his very pregnant partner to burst or give birth or something.
Older son is just panicking. If the main building door is locked no-one can get in except perhaps a previous tenant of one of the flats who has kept a key to the front door but they'd have to know his flat door wasn't secure to bother.

And now the cat has decided to sleep on the chair I use for working on my cross stitch. I can't face the hassle of moving the table and light so I'll just have to read posts on here instead :lol:

I can never trust things which attach to walls with suckers or glue, give me screws every time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your bathroom :)

And now the cat has decided to sleep on the chair I use for working on my cross stitch. I can't face the hassle of moving the table and light so I'll just have to read posts on here instead :lol:

I can never trust things which attach to walls with suckers or glue, give me screws every time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your bathroom :)
That's cats for you.....they see a nice vacant and warm chair to snuggle on and they are there faster than a mouse can blink :D

When the bathroom was converted, the company who did it told me in absolutely no circumstances should the shower enclosure boarding be drilled otherwise it would cause damp and mould to the walls behind. So being a very obedient sort, I have bought Croydex fittings that can either be glued (using their own enclosed adhesive) or screwed.....I have kept the screws just incase cos I also do not like glueing things to the wall either.

Just got a Coleman lantern (model 220F mfg 1970) fired up after 40 years of storage. Gas, none of that propane rubbish. Last used while camping when I was a teenager. It's a nice reminder of my dad, and now has a place in my prepper stash along with a similar vintage gas stove.

Just got a Coleman lantern (model 220F mfg 1970) fired up after 40 years of storage. Gas, none of that propane rubbish. Last used while camping when I was a teenager. It's a nice reminder of my dad, and now has a place in my prepper stash along with a similar vintage gas stove.
I had a coleman dual fuel stove that I used for years backpacking. Still car camp with the ancient propane two-burner that I inherited from my dad. I sure do miss the sound and smell of that kerosene lantern, though.

First attempt at making pie. Peach-Nectarine.
CBF2FE4F-B13B-4EEF-84A6-96425D249817.jpeg
E55F6F88-F609-4949-B246-5E3E6704BD03.jpeg

I had a coleman dual fuel stove that I used for years backpacking. Still car camp with the ancient propane two-burner that I inherited from my dad. I sure do miss the sound and smell of that kerosene lantern, though.
I want to find a backpacking stove like that. I have a tiny butane powered stove, but would like to try gas or kerosene. Apparently, collecting and rebuilding Gas Pressurized Appliances (GPAs) is a thing so there is a ton of info and items out there.

Fun fact, peaches and nectarines are the same fruit, one with a genetic mutation making the fuzz nonexistent, sometimes you’ll get a peach tree that has one branch growing nectarines
Never knew that! I need to google to see if this is true or just gossip

Fun fact, peaches and nectarines are the same fruit, one with a genetic mutation making the fuzz nonexistent, sometimes you’ll get a peach tree that has one branch growing nectarines
Never knew that! I need to google to see if this is true or just gossip
I tried finding a site that says they are but they aren't. While they are closely related, they are NOT the same fruit.

Nice pie. Peach pie? Hmm. Mutant nectarine pie sounds sinister.

Here, it is windy and has rained all day. We keep getting pelting showers and window rattling gusts. Our old dog has decided going outside is an emergency activity only.

I went out to the fish/garage this morning and did about 20 minutes of feeding and such, then got trapped by torrential rain. I had to actually put up and organize shelves in there, since I wasn't ready to swim back to the house. I ended up repairing my bicycle (or trying to) on the fishless side of the building.

I believe a nectarine is a cross between a peach and a plum. I had one fuzzless tree get planted from one of my peaches by a squirrel. But it got bugs so bad I never got to eat a fruit and I finally took it down. I'm home today. Recovering from 12 days re-building a pond. (exterior walls are original equipment - only the outward faced part)

Attachments

• 20220813_114232.jpg
    20220813_114232.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 15

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back