What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I've never been much of a runner, but recently I decided to see what my mile time is. 9:30. Yikes that pretty bad. This summer I hope to get that down to under 7 minutes. Wish me luck 😬
I bet you'll get it. When starting a new athletic endeavor, it's pretty common to make drastic gains early on as your body quickly adjusts to new demands. At least, I remember it being that way when I was your age. :lol: It might take some dedication and consistency, but it's doable. Good luck.

I bet you'll get it. When starting a new athletic endeavor, it's pretty common to make drastic gains early on as your body quickly adjusts to new demands. At least, I remember it being that way when I was your age. :lol: It might take some dedication and consistency, but it's doable. Good luck.

Biggest fish of the year so far!
I'm really happy about this catch! 2+ lb bass! Really nice!
Screenshot_20240424-154446_Gallery.jpg

I'm really happy with this year's fishing. I don't normally catch bass, but now that I'm really trying to target them, I've been catching them.

Biggest fish of the year so far!
I'm really happy about this catch! 2+ lb bass! Really nice!
View attachment 340809

I'm really happy with this year's fishing. I don't normally catch bass, but now that I'm really trying to target them, I've been catching them.
Bass fishing is like thunder on the water. Used to fish in a few tournaments in New York and Vermont when my sons were young but now just Linda and I as part of a day on the water.

There is a backwater on the New York Vermont border, a back road off a couple other back roads. There is a natural berm where it borders Lake Champlain. In the early spring the lake overflows the berm and floods the backwater. Because it is shallow, 8 feet is the deepest I have located, it warms early and the bass and pike spawn there. The water recedes and fish are caught behind the berm. There is no fishing pressure because from the road the place looks like a shallow swamp, BUT, about 100 yards out and behind a lot of cattails, it opens up.

Caught some of the largest bass and pike back there. Took a 41-inch pike on a crippled frog on that somewhat secret spot.

NICE FISH you are holding BTW.

Most reactions

trending

Back