What are you cooking?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ground sirloin cheese burger with taters and green beans with bacon and red bell peppers all from my now favorite food source, Omaha Steaks. LOL! sounds like I'm now a walking ad for Omaha Steaks but I'm finding that I love this outfit. ;)

You can be an instagram
Influencer 🤣
Ground sirloin cheese burger with taters and green beans with bacon and red bell peppers all from my now favorite food source, Omaha Steaks. LOL! sounds like I'm now a walking ad for Omaha Steaks but I'm finding that I love this outfit. ;)

Doing anything special for St Patty's day?

Traditionally I'd normally do corned beef and cabbage and WILL do a slow cooked 2.5 pound corned beef but may go from tradition and just have with roasted taters and Brussels Sprouts. LOL! If I do Brussels Sprouts it would almost be corned beef and cabbage as both Brussels Sprouts and cabbage are from the family, brassica oleracea. ;)

Then again I MAY run out tomorrow and get a head of green cabbage, carrots and fingerling taters and stay with tradition. Just looked and would also need to get some vinegar, preferably tarragon vinegar. Can't believe I'm actually out of vinegar. Nothing like smashed up taters and cabbage covered in butter and tarragon vinegar and slow cooked carrots are always good with anything. ;) Apple cider vinegar would probably be my second choice. If I go this route I don't cook the cabbage all through the corned beef cooking as I'm not a fan of cabbage being all mushy. I take a quarter wedge of cabbage and add to the slow cooker 20-30 minutes before done. Doing this allows the cabbage to still have texture. With the rest of the cabbage I could always make slaw but don't. I toss the leftover corned beef back in the slow cooker's stoneware pot and put in the fridge. Next day I heat back up in the slow cooker and add and add another 1/4 wedge of cabbage. In between this I'll thin slice some corned beef to make Reuben sandwiches. Happy to say that I actually do have a meat slicer so can slice a lot thinner than I can with a knife.

A 2.5 pound corned beef could possibly feed me for a week, at least 6 days if I don't go back and munch a slice here and there... OK, call it 5 days. ;)

Wahh!... sniffle, sniffle, WAHH! I messed up with my corned beef. OK, drama king routine over. ;) Just that I tend to eat later in the evening and the thing won't be done until around 8:00 PM and the smell is torturing me... One of these days I'll learn to plan for an earlier dinner with something that is going to have a long cook time so I don't sit and suffer withering away from hunger.

Of course another bonus of planning for an earlier dinner with something like this is that it would, by the laws of nature, become totally legit to have a sandwich later. ;) It is actually true that the laws of nature support this concept. I even checked with Mother Nature and she is in total agreement. I was going to ask if Father Nature agreed but he can't speak right now as he has a broken jaw that is wired shut. Seems that Mother Nature caught him opening the oven to sneak an early taste and blasted him. Not really sure what she blasted him with but rumor says that she is even more upset as she now has to fix up a branch on one of her favorite trees. :dunno: Obviously Father Nature has no comment...

Actually a leprechaun offered to help Mother Nature with fixing the damaged tree but she slapped him to the other side of the rainbow and claimed the pot of gold for herself. Not really sure as to why she wanted the gold as she considers a prime mint leaf more valuable than a ton of gold but suspect that it was done out of spite due to her feeling that it was greed generated by the leprechaun that caused Father Nature to make the mistake of taking an early taste of the corned beef.

The moral of all this is to just not mess with Mother Nature.

For any and all that celibate St Patty's Day I hope that it was good for you. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back