What ARE these eggs in my cycling aquarium?!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Yeah,
I think I am going to let them ride for curiosity sake, I just wanted to see if anyone would chime in with the advice of burning down my house to rid myself of some awful onslaught of sea spiders or something along those lines, but so far the coast seems clear so I will update if/when they hatch!
Look out behind you! Its a baby driftwood rock!

Yeah,
I think I am going to let them ride for curiosity sake, I just wanted to see if anyone would chime in with the advice of burning down my house to rid myself of some awful onslaught of sea spiders or something along those lines, but so far the coast seems clear so I will update if/when they hatch!
Sea spiders? *shudders* there's a new fish tank related nightmare for sure!

Any chance of seeing a whole tank shot please? :D And maybe your other tanks too? Not because it'll be any help with this at all, I just love seeing other people's tanks and yours looks nice! :D

I'd suggest pulling that Amazon sword just a little higher though, so the crown is above the substrate. I know it's tough before they've really grown in their roots in a new tank, just find they seem to do better when they're not planted too deep, since the new leaves emerge from the crown.

My best guess is Nerite snail eggs, which cannot hatch in freshwater.

Sea spiders? *shudders* there's a new fish tank related nightmare for sure!

Any chance of seeing a whole tank shot please? :D And maybe your other tanks too? Not because it'll be any help with this at all, I just love seeing other people's tanks and yours looks nice! :D

I'd suggest pulling that Amazon sword just a little higher though, so the crown is above the substrate. I know it's tough before they've really grown in their roots in a new tank, just find they seem to do better when they're not planted too deep, since the new leaves emerge from the crown.
Thank you so much for the compliment and advice on the sword, I'll fix that up in a moment.

I never need to be asked twice to share my tanks that's for sure but they are both looking rather sparse right now as I harvested a bunch of cuttings to build the new 30 gallon and because I am tearing down the 20 completely once I get it cycled its aesthetics have fallen to the wayside currently.

Here is my current pride and joy that is cycling, the roots and white mesh at the top are a baffle for the HOB
IMG_2801.JPG

This is my 10 gallon I set up at the beginning of quarantine because I couldn't offload my guppy/endler fry so this contains all my males, 5 kuhlis and some cherry shrimp it's overstocked currently but my Japanese blue endler and his sons will be moving to the 30 and I will be bringing some into to my LFS once they colour up a little more. I also have a 3 gallon shrimp bowl cycling and aging for a shrimp breeding/grow out bowl.
Also, that's Elton John at the back there - I am having a disco-themed birthday party and this tank is in my "foyer" if you will. Ususally the plants cover all the hardware and the kuhli cave at the back there.
IMG_0790.JPG

This is my 20 gallon that is scratched, water stained and currently in function over fashion mode - can't wait to tear it down TBH. Home to some pepper corys amano shrimp, assassin snails 3 betta ladies and 4 guppy/endler mamas

IMG_4703.JPG

However in it's heyday when it was my first and only tank I was very much so proud of it
IMG_6616.JPG

This is getting long so I'll try to wrap it up but here is the aforementioned lil shrimp bowl I am waiting to even out and gather some algae for shrimpies

IMG_5952.JPG

and then as a bonus because its always in the reflection of my new tank here is my bioactive crested gecko vivarium and a picture of it's inhabitant Fabrice!

IMG_8398.JPG

IMG_8718.JPG

Sorry for the above essay but I am clearly very into my hobbies and my friends are tired of hearing about them. I also have a little bug viv with giant cherry footed milipedes and 2 kitties. Everyone but the fish are rescues and I got all my tanks for free and then built them all myself :)

Your tanks are lovely!! I'm really leaning towards that island look in your first pic :wub: :wub::thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back