What Are The Best Kitchen Equipment Or Tool Accessories You Have Bough

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
As the title says, what are the best kitchen equipment or tool accessories you have bought so far :) ? This doesn't include standard kitchen stuff like ovens (and probably microwaves and dishwashers too for a lot of people now days), but things like smoothie making machines, toastie makers, rice cookers, bread making machines, egg poachers and tools like garlic crushers etc etc.

For me i use my bread making machine the most, almost on a daily basis, so i would have to say that this is the most useful kitchen accessory that i have bought so far. I did buy a rice cooker and steamer recently (also does veg and meats like fish too), and while it cooks rice ok, its steaming abilities are pretty poor. My smoothie maker is second best, closely followed by my egg poacher thing. Did have a garlic crushing tool recently which was awesome (use garlic in so much of my cooking) but i accidentally broke it recently.
I really want a decent pepper grinder right now, the one i have produces a pitiful amount of ground pepper after much grinding, which is bad since i love to have loads of pepper in my food.

So how about you guys/girls :) ?

Pfeh, who needs all the technical stuff... Rolling pin? Nah, just hit it flat. Garlic press? Live with the lumps, they taste nice. Rice cooker? You've got a hob! Use it!

Although there's a huge amount of stuff that I can't help thinking 'Want!'... Like all the new ice cube moulds that have come out- I saw some mouse shaped ones today ^_^ I think first though I'd rather have a sharp knife (probably better off cutting my ingredients with a spoon...) and an oven you can light without matches and second degree burns...

EDIT- I'd quite like one of those mini blender things they use on TV... Ever seen Daily/Saturday Cooks? The tiiiny ones they do marinades and such in. That would be cool. I've got a normal blender but in all honesty it's such a PITA to clean properly I don't bother to use it.

All ya need is a good quality knife set and thats almost all you need in a kitchen.

The husband. It's a multi purpose tool, it chops, grates, lifts, carries, stirs, blends....and even does the washing up.

Although I didn't buy him.

3 things i couldn't live without in my kitchen;

My espresso machine (and grinder);
Without drinking extremely strong coffee regularly i cease to function on an understandable level.

My meat cleaver;
If your into cucina povera and avoiding fancying cutting techniques this one does it all; cheese shavings, cutting, mashing garlic.

My bottle of red wine;
Keeps me nice and quiet once the coffee has worn off and stops me wasting money on a rolling pin.

The husband. It's a multi purpose tool, it chops, grates, lifts, carries, stirs, blends....and even does the washing up.

Although I didn't buy him.

pmsl

wish i had one of those

i have a trained chef who somehow manages to never venture into the kitchen except to tell me i've done something wrong :rolleyes: grumble grumble grumble

can't complain really though, just in a mood today cos he didn't make my sandwiches :rolleyes: :lol:

we've a really small kitchen so i've next to nothing gadgety, probably good though as it'd only be a waste having it cluttering the place up not being used. all i've got is an electric whisk and one of those hand held blender things. rarely use them except when i'm doing baking.

the one thing i really want at the moment is a good carving knife, getting into doing my roasts but i'm awful at carving and it doesn#t help that i'm doing it with a breadknife! :rolleyes:

my slush maker

that was a dfinate hit with the kids last summer,and was made using real fruit so nasty E numbers in there :D

My two favorite are my knife set (having good knives makes everything easier) and my food processor, I just love that thing.

I love my rice cooker :blush: We eat a lot of rice and it just makes it so much easier...not to mention, my husband is picky about his rice and it has to be dry, not stuck together, etc. and I can't make it like that in a pot lol

And I love my Magic Bullet blender! Makes wonderful, fresh baby food for my lil one!

I was a professional Chef in the armed forces for a number of years. My primary tools of the trade were my knives so i preferred Kai Shun Japanese Knives. These range from about £60 £160 each and i had a fair few of them.

All ya need is a good quality knife set and thats almost all you need in a kitchen.

I was a professional Chef in the armed forces for a number of years. My primary tools of the trade were my knives so i preferred Kai Shun Japanese Knives. These range from about £60 £160 each and i had a fair few of them.

i too am a trained chef, and my knifes are the pride of the kitchen. the only other thing i need is a well kept steel.

Also got one of those bread making machines..... You just add the ingredients, and 2 Hours later a freshly baked bread pops out..... Innovation!!! (apart from the fridge that keeps me beer cold)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back