what are some hybrids for

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

what fish can catfish interbreed and what fish ca n zebra danios inter breed with

i know corydoras can interbreed(pepper X Bronze)
I also know that shovelnoses do to, but arent recommended to the beginner9can got 10 18" inches I think)
I know that zebra danios can interbreed with almost any closling related danios(pearls, and others) I think a hybrid out there is called a lepeord danio, which is part zebra and something else.It looks like a sbra danio exepmt it has spots and stripes instead of just stripes.

That's interesting, I didn't realise leopard danios are hybrids!

bshockstubb said:
I know that zebra danios can interbreed with almost any closling related danios(pearls, and others)

True
any danio will breed with any other danio, in the lack of it's own kind, same goes for devarios and microrasboras.

bshockstubb said:
I think a hybrid out there is called a leopard danio, which is part zebra and something else.

Not true
Leopard danio are a man made colour morph of Zebras
its all in the scientific names
zebra danio (danio rerio)
leopard danio (danio 'frankei' rerio)
the 'frankei' refers to the name of the breeder that produced the first 5 generations of the coulr morph by selective breeding.

what about pleateus corys
upside down catfish
and roaly farlowella catfish
also what snails will black mystry snails breed with

what about pleateus corys
upside down catfish
and roaly farlowella catfish
also what snails will black mystry snails breed with

Im not sure about the catfish..I know upsidedown catfish are Synodontis, so they may breed with a similar Synodontis. Im sure the corys might spawn with a simialr cory...and I dont think royal farlowella catfish can make hybrids of any sort.

The Black Mystery Snail is one of about 120 species belonging to the Ampullariidae family, also known as the Apple Snail family. The shells of Black Mystery Snails can vary significantly in pattern and color, including gold, jet black, and ivory forms. Members of the Ampullariidae family are either male or female. The sex of a snail can be determined if they are the same age and have been kept in the same environment and are fed the same foods in which case then females will be larger than males. They will make "hybrids" but they are the same species...You are just crossing different color patterns. Like a blue platy and a red platy ect.

actually im pretty sure that upside down catfish will only breed with other species of upside down catfish. Pandas are probly easiest to interbreed because ther are lots of cories that look alike. Royal farlowellas may breed with normal farlowellas but wouldnt produce anything great as they look mostly the same except for the dorsal fin.

pretty sure there isn't.....you've named some pretty cool looking fish, why do you want to make hybrids? :crazy:

jus asking not realy planing on getting to far till i get a 70 gallon tank i attculay the 12 is my aniversery of geting the first fish wich all but one original is stil with us

you may be able to hybridise a ghost knife with a white knife by way of hormone injections but I don't think that there is any chance of you getting a white knife (unles you have an extra 10K laying around that is) but why are you so desperate to make a hybrid?

just asking about types of fish that intrest me not planing anything hmmm what about freshwater stingrays

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back