What Are My Bolivian Rams Up To?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NathanPrince

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey guys, noticed today that my 2 Bolivians (who are NEVER allowed in each others terratory usually) and swimming round together and my male is sort of giving the suspected female a "tour" round the tank :unsure:

The males colours are really bright and vivid, its like he's glowing! And the other has a bright yellow belly... which it has rarely ever had...

Also noticed the male really fighting for attention, swimming infront of the other and kinda like... flicking his body in her face :lol: Occasionally when she doesn't pay him any attention he chases her a bit then tries again.

Is this breeding behaviour or have they just suddenly became friends after months of chasing each other if one went anywhere near the other? :/

Thanks

You think? Would they spawn on bodwood at all as I read they like flat stones etc? If not I'll have to dig out some pieces of slate for them, never seen them so close together without scrapping it out though lol

He's still displaying to her but it looks like she's not all that interested at the moment, must be playing hard to get :shifty:

I have a substantial sized piece of slate in there holding down a piece of my wood but they see more interested in a piece of wood on the other side of the tank.

Is slight aggression still normal? Nothing bad but the male occasionally will chase her around the tank until she takes notice :huh:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back