What are colourful dwarf snakehead species?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have read about Channa bleheri and gachua, barca but its hard to get what colours they have. On google all mixed up pics and names. I would like to know there are any other dwarf species of snakehead.
What is their tank requirement, breeding and pics of fry and adult if possible?
Thank you

There are no dwarf snakehead gudgeons but there are small gudgeons and gobies which have a similar shape but nicer temperament and smaller size.

Snakeheads are illegal to keep in many countries so check with your department of fisheries before getting any.

Small gudgeons include Mogurnda species from Australia and New Guinea, and Tateurndina sp (peacock gudgeons from New Guinea).

There are no dwarf snakehead gudgeons but there are small gudgeons and gobies which have a similar shape but nicer temperament and smaller size.

Snakeheads are illegal to keep in many countries so check with your department of fisheries before getting any.

Small gudgeons include Mogurnda species from Australia and New Guinea, and Tateurndina sp (peacock gudgeons from New Guinea).
Its legal in india. Also many people use them as food like golden cobra snakehead. Those get bigger. So i read some snakeheads grows 15-30cm like rainbow snakehead so i wanted to know if there are more colourful snakeheads available. Because on google its hard to identify particular snakehead

Snakeheads are illegal to keep in Australia so I have limited experience with them and can't offer any more advice than what I posted above. Other people on the forum (the US members) might be able to offer more info.

Snakeheads are illegal to keep in Australia so I have limited experience with them and can't offer any more advice than what I posted above. Other people on the forum (the US members) might be able to offer more info.
You have very good experience in fish keeping. Havent you kept any species before?

Snakeheads are not allowed in my country and there are big fines ($10,000+) and prison sentences for people who have them. Subsequently, I have never kept them :)

Snakeheads are not allowed in my country and there are big fines ($10,000+) and prison sentences for people who have them. Subsequently, I have never kept them :)
Here walking catfish is banned but not thay strictly.;)

Its legal in india. Also many people use them as food like golden cobra snakehead. Those get bigger. So i read some snakeheads grows 15-30cm like rainbow snakehead so i wanted to know if there are more colourful snakeheads available. Because on google its hard to identify particular snakehead
Channa sp. fire and ice might be what you are looking for.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back