What Am I?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smithrc

My names Russell.... ....and I'm a
Reaction score
This used to be tucked round the back of the live rock in my nano, in the back right corner by my filter intake... but today its in the front left corner..

What is it? some kind of mushroom?
It hasn't caused problems in the past but recently our marine molly vanished and now its roaming the tank... :crazy:

Its about 2.5" diameter...

odd_mush1.jpg

odd_mush2.jpg

didnt know you had a salt tank smith. dont know what that thing could be. and what are marine mollies, never heard of them, could i see a pic. that thing almost looks like an urchin to me though but im probably wrong, im just starting on saltwater

:)

I've had the nano running just over a year now :)

I didnt want to "risk" propper marine fish in suck a small tank 34L (40l including filter volume)
So I aclimatised a freshwater molly - he was doing great - looked really healthy - then he just dissapeared - no body was found...

there is a thread on here somewhere...
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=188412&hl=

i just read that thread.lol
so what is hat 5 us gallons? that must stink having such a small tank for marine, we got a 50 which is the biggest we ahve. at least you got awesome FW tanks :good:

Its a small pest rock anemone, most likely related to Aiptasia. These un-ided ones are generally refferred to as Corallimorph anemones. Its quite possible that the nem, even in its small size, ate the mollie :unsure:. I'd beware this little guy. Looks harmless now, but these things an over-run a tank very quickly as their growth is exponential like a bacteria :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back