April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
This isnā€™t fish related but I need to vent some frustration and couldnā€™t find anywhere to post it.

If anyone wants to commit a crime then come to Western Australia. Our laws are so pathetic I am actually considering breaking the law for revenge and justice.

Motorists can run down and kill people and get away with a slap on the wrist. Drunk individuals can assault & kill people and not go to jail. In fact you could assault a Police officer and not go to jail right up until a few days ago. The new government has just changed the laws and made assaulting a Police officer a mandatory jail sentence. However, it is only a short sentence, usually les than a year. The only other time you get jailed for assault is if you push a politician. Then itā€™s off to jail, and for a lot longer than if you hit a cop. Now if you hit a fire fighter, doctor, nurse, ambulance officer (paramedic) you donā€™t get charged, why not? These are public officials that help the community.

I think it was early this year when a couple of drunks punched the snot out of a couple of Police officers and stuck them in hospital. One of the officers ended up in a coma for a week. The drunks got a small fine and were set free.

Last year a woman ran over a pedestrian walking along the side of the road. She turned herself in to the Police a few days later (after a huge publicity campaign) claiming she thought it was a dog she ran over. She was charged with dangerous driving causing death and sent home with a minor fine and had her driverā€™s licence cancelled for a year.

Several times this year drunk people have had fights outside of pubs and clubs and people have been killed. Yet none of the killers have been sentenced to anything more than community service.

Finally, last Christmas a family was playing beach cricket when a group of drunk and drug affected youths came over and killed the dad with his cricket bat. Their excuse was ā€œthe drugs made me do itā€. One of those people got 5yrs jail and can be paroled after 3yrs. The rest are still walking the streets. But the family of the dead man gets a crap Christmas present for the rest of their lives.

This all leads me to an incident a few weeks ago whereby I was attacked on my front lawn by a group of drunken yobbos who were out looking for trouble. The Police attended the scene after an emergency phone call but by the time they arrived, the individuals had left the scene. The Police eventually caught up to the offenders but no charges were laid. However, I was warned by the Police that if my dog had bitten these people, then I would be charged with assault and a dog attack.

It turns out the laws in WA protect the criminal element. This is due to the previous government (the WA Labour Party) and their Attorney General, Mr Jim McGinty, who made the laws more & more lapse. The laws are so pathetic that intoxicated hoodlums with weapons, can trespass onto private property, threaten to kill the occupants, vandalise the property and walk away without even a slap on the wrist. And yet if the home owner has a dog and that dog bites the offenders, then the home owner gets fined by the council, charged by the Police, and goes to jail.

What a pathetic legal and justice system we have in this state. The previous government was ousted because of their petty stance on crime, and the new government seems to be heading along the same lines. How many people need to be attacked, beaten to a bloody pulp, or die in the street before the Western Australian State Government cracks down on crime?

If I go nuts and break the law, I'm going to say "the drugs made me do it". Who knows, I will probably get a pat on the back and some free councilling.

Moved to Household Pets, as this is where the legalities of dog ownership belong.

thanks Tolak. I wasn't sure where it was meant to go because it is about crime as well as dogs.

Late breaking news in Perth. A woman has walked away from court after jumping on and killing her 21month old child. She is free to carry on her life with no further punishment.

edited to add someone wrote this on the site about the woman killing the kid and our laws.
Bloody hell, what do you have to do to receive a custodial sentence? Kill someone? obviousy not!

Ha, the QLD ones suck as well... seriously the whole country needs to revamp a LOT of its major policy. My pet rant is on education. The queensland system SUCKS. Students get away with murder in classrooms, literally! My mother is a high school teacher. A student once told her to suck his -------. She sent him to the office. After he failed to apologise she asked the deputy principal whether he had been asked to. Her response: "Oh, no, he just had a bad morning at home."

This is entirely typical of the education standards in QLD. There are people pouring into my high school who cannot read and write and who just sit at the back of classrooms and do nothing. Why? Because they have had the desire to learn beaten out of them from their earliest grades. I was a precocious student, I read at two and a half, talked in full sentences well early, and I could read, write a few words, count etc before I got to primary school. I was lucky until I got to grade 4 - my teachers would just give me work where I was at and I was working two or three grade levels above my age in several subjects. In grade 4, we got this moronic teacher who would give me detention for everything. Once I finished my work early, so I pulled a book out of my tidy tray and started reading. I was threatened with detention, so I figured, right, won't do that again. The next day, I did another two chapters while waiting for everyone. When I was told to do those chapters the next day and I said I'd already done them - detention. Apparently I was arrogant and pompous.

I honestly believe that the way she belittled intelligence and curiosity and the desire to learn in that classroom was the main factor that led to me and the two other brightest girls in that class being relentlessly bullied until we finished at that school. And I believe that the reason this sort of behavior continues is that children are taught that sport is valued and looks are valued and that's about it. The school system caters to the middle 50% if that, they feel bored and unstimulated in class although achieving satisfactory results. The rest of the students' needs are not met at all, with so-called 'remedial' programs only serving to humiliate and belittle students who fall behind without really helping them, and the 'extension' programs rare, inadequate and condescending.

The end result? By the time children are developing the maturity to realise that they need an education, it's already too late for them to get one.

Still, at least there are decent laws in QLD. I feel safe walking down the street. There are serious problems with graffiti and vandalism which is never punished though. Seriously, there is offensive graffiti (sexually explicit drawings and writings, rude comments about people, profanities) on just about every public building in our town and the phone boxes etc. are being smashed bins set on fire and stuff like that. When the cops catch them they can only fine them. Still it's fairly mild compared to letting off that woman who tried to kill her self and her kid.

For those who live overseas, she was suicidal and depressed, people knew and had reported it but the child was left with her despite repeated attempts to take both their lives. She jumped out of a building with the kid and crushed him. He died.

But how the hell does it come to that? Why do you end up with somebody that screwed up in the head facing a judge for what she did? THey knew she was raving, why didn't they take the child away? He didn't deserve to die because of red tape.

I recently heard about a 15 year old boy getting shot three times by three policemen because he was brandishing a couple of knives. Happened in Victoria.
15 YEAR OLD BOY. SHOT. BY POLICE. WHAT!?

in the UK we have the "criminal Justice System"....... very aptly named, guess who gets the justice? well, far too often anyway, but there have been a few "proper" sentences handed down recently :good:

Liberal idiocy is widespread it seems.... aw bless, he's only an axe murderer because he didn't have enough toys 25 years ago.....

you want to come to britain.

oh so im a serial killer huh, yes you are, youve been a good boy so well let you out early, YIPEE the convicted killer says, and under his breath wispers who is my next victim?

then oh i killed someone by accident it was man slaughter, ok a double life sentence

this hacks me off.

its the same at school the people always gtting in trouble get a smack on the wrist because teachers cant have a go at them and when the normally inocent people do something wrong its as thought they stole a billion pounds! whats all that about!

Since this has gone way off from anything involving dog ownership it is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back