Well water muddy :/

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rhys19

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Welp my well is 20 years old and today it got muddy and no matter how much we try and flush the system out it just stays muddy in fact as you use the water it gets worse & worse we have a well company coming out soon but it'll be almost probably towards $10K for whole well replacement

now my question is kinda fish related
How on earth am i gonna do my regular water changes 🤣
I don't think my fish would prefer muddy water...

anyways maybe I'll post some pics of it. and maybe some pics when they get here and do well whatever they do...

well then...............
(Sorry couldn't help myself...)

Bottled water....thats all I use for my aquariums since the tap water is awful and loaded with phosphates.

I buy pallet per month for myself, my frothy coffee machine and my 5 aquariums, any bottled mineral water will do (not sparkling obviously)....mine get to swim in everything from Evian and Volvic to Kirkland. Not done my hooligans any harm whatsoever and the empties go for recycling. Buying in bulk makes it cheaper to do aswell.

Don't panic. Several things to consider here. How much live plant do you have in your tanks, how many fish do you have in your tanks. Are they in your opinion over stocked.
Collect rain water, divert your down pipes on your house into containers so that you can collect rain water from your house. Use that water. I know the answer to that you are in year 50 of a 100 year draught, but it was a good try.

Sometimes water changing isn't that important in the big scheme of things.

Bottled water....thats all I use for my aquariums since the tap water is awful and loaded with phosphates.

I buy pallet per month for myself, my frothy coffee machine and my 5 aquariums, any bottled mineral water will do (not sparkling obviously)....mine get to swim in everything from Evian and Volvic to Kirkland. Not done my hooligans any harm whatsoever and the empties go for recycling. Buying in bulk makes it cheaper to do aswell.
that must take a lot of bottled water to WC 25% of a uhm 30gal or higher...
Don't panic. Several things to consider here. How much live plant do you have in your tanks, how many fish do you have in your tanks. Are they in your opinion over stocked.
Collect rain water, divert your down pipes on your house into containers so that you can collect rain water from your house. Use that water. I know the answer to that you are in year 50 of a 100 year draught, but it was a good try.

Sometimes water changing isn't that important in the big scheme of things.
We don't get much rain here, I have about 3 or 4 live plants in my tank, my tank is also not overstocked, if anything it's understocked.

Reduce the feeding to once every couple of days until you get a regular water supply. The less food going into the tank, the less ammonia that is produced and this means less nitrite and nitrate.

Add some more live plants if you can. floating plants like water sprite (Ceratoteris thalictroides/ cornuta) is a good one to try and can be grown in the gravel or on the surface. But for now have it on the surface to help remove ammonia.

Maybe get some water containers and go visit a local park and fill them up with tap water. Make sure you dechlorinate the water before adding it to the tank.

Reduce the feeding to once every couple of days until you get a regular water supply. The less food going into the tank, the less ammonia that is produced and this means less nitrite and nitrate.

Add some more live plants if you can. floating plants like water sprite (Ceratoteris thalictroides/ cornuta) is a good one to try and can be grown in the gravel or on the surface. But for now have it on the surface to help remove ammonia.

Maybe get some water containers and go visit a local park and fill them up with tap water. Make sure you dechlorinate the water before adding it to the tank.
will do that, thanks for the advice!

well to say the least I don't really need to worry about my fish so much now my neighbor has a well and was willing to run a hose attached to my longer hose and I'm able to use that for WC's

well to say the least I don't really need to worry about my fish so much now my neighbor has a well and was willing to run a hose attached to my longer hose and I'm able to use that for WC's
I love to have really nice neighbors :D everyone in my area has a well since city water hasn't even been run here yet surprising I know...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back