Welcome from the east coast of Canada!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Reaction score
Weā€™re partially settled in.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi, wish everyone well!

Iā€™m more than a few months away from even considering setting up a tank, but the thoughts are always percolating in that realm.

Anyways, thought Iā€™d share a photo with ya, Iā€™m not sure how many of you are fans of amphibians, but Iā€™ve found two different species of leopard frogs hopping around my lawn. First one is the classic green northern leopard, and the other ones more prevalent are the brown ones with square spots, canā€™t remember the name right now.

The closest marsh is about 450m away from us, which I found interesting because Iā€™ve never seen frogs so far away from a water source before, but theyā€™ve got plenty of insects to feed on and grass that stays dewy for most of the day. Thought Iā€™d share with everyone.

So hello to all my my old friends here and welcome to all the new ones, hope you are all well and look forward to having time to get back on the forum full time and share the hobby!

Attachments

• 3AC55252-8B20-44A2-9370-8FA1CDC0C50D.jpeg
    3AC55252-8B20-44A2-9370-8FA1CDC0C50D.jpeg
    477.7 KB · Views: 26
Welcome back, well sort of. Maybe it should be "nice to see you again". Just set up another tank. Do it. Do it. Do it. You know you want to. :)

Frogs are cool, we will look at any decent froggy pics you post. :)

Welcome back!

Howdy, Nate! Always good to hear from you. Sounds like you have leopard frogs and wood frogs, maybe? We moved into town a couple years ago, and the lack of frogs in our yard is sad. Me and the Badgerling used to love catching them in the lawn around the pond. Enjoy them a little extra for us!

Howdy, Nate! Always good to hear from you. Sounds like you have leopard frogs and wood frogs, maybe? We moved into town a couple years ago, and the lack of frogs in our yard is sad. Me and the Badgerling used to love catching them in the lawn around the pond. Enjoy them a little extra for us!
I will for sure! Iā€™ve got the little ones respecting nature and telling them if you donā€™t plan on eating it, leave it alone!

Iā€™ll miss hunting season this year, because my courses are happening at the tail end. But my boys are well on their way to respecting and leaving nature beā€¦ as long as youā€™re not harvesting it. Again, I was just surprised how far away from water these frogs are.

Donā€™t even get me started on the gooseā€¦

Goose goose goose duck?

come on, get started :)
Twist my rubber arm why donā€™t ya?

Alright, so weā€™re living out in the country nowā€¦ I have tree line separating me from my neighbours on both sides. The side closest to the house is pretty dense.

Lady a few properties away, think 1/2 to 3/4km away kept geese, and a bunch got away. Iā€™ve been hearing honking noises night and day, CERTAIN itā€™s a goose. Then itā€™s been gone last week and a half.thought for sure foxes or coyotes got it. Then yesterday, more honks. I donā€™t want to venture too far into the brush, because we have ticks.

So either the goose is alive and taunting me, or itā€™s frogs pretending to be a goose, which is unlikely because Iā€™ve spent time YouTubing frog calls, and itā€™s not a frog.

And now my family thinks Iā€™m crazyā€¦ stupid goose

Beware of being goosed by a goose.

Apart from it flippin' hurts, they can get mighty stroppy and chase you all over the place.

Geese are awesome guard dogs...well guard geese....bite first, ask questions much later after they have chased their target 4 miles down the road whilst honking...

My grandmother on dad's side had geese and every time we went over to visit she would have to round them up so we could get out of the car. She had a lovely dog but yeah, don't upset the geese, they do more damage than a dog.

We also adopted a goose when we were kids. We found it in the backyard one day and kept it. We put up signs and nobody claimed it so we just kept feeding it. We called her Charlotte and about a year after we got her, some people came knocking saying they had lost a goose a while back. They took the goose and she was twice the size of all the other geese at the people's house. We fed her very well. She was lovely but the goose poop on the back verandah was a mess to clean up. She used to hang out by the back door and wait for us to come home from school and back verandah would be covered in crap.

Just saying...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back