Weird white stringy worms on my glass?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

GreenGuy

Reaction score
1626751404770.png

In attached picture(sorry I couldnt show the worms better) there is a lot of very small worms(maybe 3-4mm) that are slowly moving around

What are these and is there any danger to my shrimp?

I can't see the worms in the picture. Are they wiggling around? Are they on the substrate too? If so they might be detritus worms, in which case they aren't harmful to fish just unsightly. Upping your maintenance, avoiding overfeeding, and vacuuming the substrate often will help to keep their numbers down. If they don't wiggle at all they could be something more troublesome.

I can't see the worms in the picture. Are they wiggling around? Are they on the substrate too? If so they might be detritus worms, in which case they aren't harmful to fish just unsightly. Upping your maintenance, avoiding overfeeding, and vacuuming the substrate often will help to keep their numbers down. If they don't wiggle at all they could be something more troublesome.
the worms are only on the glass, i didnt know how to take a picture of them without it bluring them to focus on the rest of the tank

i got a better picture of them on my feeding tray
Sorry. I haven't a clue. Do a large water change, clean the glass and gravel vac to get rid of as many as you can. Whether or not they are harmful to shrimp you want rid of them as they won't be up to any good in those numbers. Hopefully in the meantime someone might be able to identify if they are a risk.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back