Weird Thing Growing On Anubias Barteri

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

andy36yr19

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Recently I've seen some weird thing growing on my plant can someone help me?

Attachments

• 15406716485831466578483665461293.jpg
    15406716485831466578483665461293.jpg
    663.6 KB · Views: 278
I'm not able to ascertain what you are referring too, can you be more specific, or add a clearer photo?

If I see it correctly, itā€™s a little flower that blooms. Wait, thatā€™s not an Anubisā€™s. Is it a sword?

Last edited:
I'm not able to ascertain what you are referring too, can you be more specific, or add a clearer photo?
I'm not home right now but it looks like a snail egg sack but bigger, brown, and little balls inside. I know it's not snails eggs btw.

If I see it correctly, itā€™s a little flower that blooms. Wait, thatā€™s not an Anubisā€™s. Is it a sword?
It's an anubias barteri it said on the little fert cup it came in and it has big thick leaves soo yeah its anubias barteri

A9559C44-4087-4DCE-950C-93254866D9B5.jpeg
It's an anubias barteri it said on the little fert cup it came in and it has big thick leaves soo yeah its anubias barteri
Ok, my eyes arenā€™t failing me yet. They do produce a little white flower looking leave that is very pretty. Iā€™m attaching one of mine about to bloom right now. Does yours look anything like this? I just fed so ignore the food.

View attachment 89196
Ok, my eyes arenā€™t failing me yet. They do produce a little white flower looking leave that is very pretty. Iā€™m attaching one of mine about to bloom right now. Does yours look anything like this? I just fed so ignore the food.
Same plant but no it's not a flower. When I get home I'll post another pic

Is that anubias planted in the gravel? If so, you need to take it out.

Anubias species have what looks like a thick root with thin roots growing from it. That thick root is a rhizome which will rot if buried. It is OK to bury the thin roots but the rhizome must be above the substrate. This is one reason anubias are most grown attached to decor.

Is that anubias planted in the gravel? If so, you need to take it out.

Anubias species have what looks like a thick root with thin roots growing from it. That thick root is a rhizome which will rot if buried. It is OK to bury the thin roots but the rhizome must be above the substrate. This is one reason anubias are most grown attached to decor.
Yea I know that. My anubias frazeri I didnt know at the time about the rhizome so I buried it and now its yellowish white so hiw do I fix it?

Never mind guys it came off I still dont know what it was though

Most reactions

trending

Back