FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
mash potato mixed with ketchup come on you gotta try it and rice with ketchup gotta love the heinz people :p
Yes!!! :hyper: Yes, i do that with jacket potatoes, splodge a load of ketchup on top and mash it in with your fork. Rice and peas are good mixed with ketchup OR you can use mayonaise, especially with rice or peas :nod: , not so good with mash. :no:

Wierdest thing I'll do is have a bowl of ice cream and then not five minutes later, I'll want to eat like salami or something, but that's craving salt after sweet. Then I'll want something sweet again. Go figure. I don't eat them at the same time, however, that would really be odd.

In Thailand they put salt in almost all their sweets, just a bit, it is actually really good. Try it with jelly or custard, you might be surprised. But just a pinch.

I hear ya, some members of my family do this. When we want something sweeter, we'll put salt in it. My favorite ice cream flavor is a pretty salty butter pecan.

But I have another wierd thing. I put salt in American style coffe. I like a strong roast, with one cream, 1 sugar, and a small pinch of SALT. I usually don't like American coffee, I drink Cuban-style espresso, but not everybody has Cuban-style espresso. The salt cuts out the bitterness of coffee, especially if it's the old stuff that's nasty and bitter, but you need that cup.

Ha try this! i made it up when i was kid and still love it. Its dill pickle and cheese soup. Your soup is the dill pickle juice from the jar then cut up 2 pickles into cubes and cut up either cheese slices or block cheese into cubes and drop it in. Yuuuuummmm.

But if you're looking for disturbing, my uncle has ketchup with chocolate cake. :sick: :sick:

Ha try this! i made it up when i was kid and still love it. Its dill pickle and cheese soup. Your soup is the dill pickle juice from the jar then cut up 2 pickles into cubes and cut up either cheese slices or block cheese into cubes and drop it in. Yuuuuummmm.

But if you're looking for disturbing, my uncle has ketchup with chocolate cake. :sick: :sick:

That is disturbing. The chocolate cake I mean. The pickles not so much. I can see that one. I like dipping cheese in Green olive juice!

you have to try getting a few sheets of filo pastry, brush with milk and lay on top of each other, put a layer of jam or syrup on, sprinkle with chopped mixed nuts, then a ball of ice-cream, wrap the pastry round it all and seal with a little more milk then deep fry! the pastry puffs out and insulates the ice-cream and you get this great mix of oh so hot and oh so cold!!!!! :drool:

peanut butter and bacon sandwiches

Gherkins rolled in bacon and bananas spread with mayo

Corn-on-the-cob rolled in mayo & parmesan cheese

:S

battered deep fried Topic bar with good ice cream.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a topic bar? a chocolate bar perhaps? There is a fish and chip shop down the coast that sells deep fried mars bars, oh they are good.

Just thought of another one, last summer at a BBQ I had BBQ bananas stuffed with chocolate :drool: The banana went all soft and squidgy and the chocolate had melted too, delicious :good: I need to try them again this year :)

Arfie

Banana sandwiches on brown bread (very important) with salt and vinegar crisps. My family think I'm insane, my boyfriend gets scared i'm pregnant but I've been making this baby for years - trust me it works!

i can beat you all! my gran (originaly from india) has a small jar of deep fried fish eyes that she just eats plain! :sick: i used to drink the vinigaer out of the jars when i was younger...

Hmmm, I dont think its strange, but farleys rusks buttered and marmited.... Its good as a snack or for breakfast.

My boyfriends dad used to butter weetabix (before he died)

Uuuuum, Crusty baguette with mayo and grated cheese.

My old housemate had no idea how to look after himself... One day I caught him eating a plate of coleslaw and baked beans. On its own :lol:

I love battered mars bars, with a glass of milk... I fact I might get one from the chip shop now! :hyper:

Is there a line between 'weird' and 'cultural'?

Because if there isn't, I have a whole slew of stuff that'd probably compete. :D

OK, so.... then... is there a huge gulf between 'normal' USA and 'normal' UK? Because I can't recall while typing this which country the original poster is at. I know even between the two countries, there is 'normal' and 'weird', and between the two, 'normal' and 'normal' are two different things.... the movie Pulp Fiction managed to glance upon that in their whole "Quarter Pounder with Cheese" and "Royale with Cheese" gig.

Makes me want to say, "ooooOOOOoOOoooOoo I eat seal fat when I'm lucky!" and collect all the high stakes earnings. :D

hey Arfie :p (dont' frighten CFC like that) - I'm just a bit rounded. cheese and marmite is lovely (has to be cheddar though).

I read this and my stomach churns - I think it was the fish eyeball thing. (but I'm not sure - deep fried chocolater bars come close) :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back