Weird lip?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Pt5251

Reaction score
I just got an angelfish and today I noticed itā€™s lip looked strange. I only got it yesterday and I didnā€™t really inspect it so it could have already been there but Iā€™m not sure. Iā€™ve never had angelfish and this could be normal, but is there anything I should worry about. Ps there is nothing in the tank that would have attacked it

Attachments

• C15AF349-B361-4D3C-BEC2-86503A37C701.jpeg
    C15AF349-B361-4D3C-BEC2-86503A37C701.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 24
  • C2E9FF9D-1074-45AE-B746-6377B35501B4.jpeg
    C2E9FF9D-1074-45AE-B746-6377B35501B4.jpeg
    284 KB · Views: 20
I just got an angelfish and today I noticed itā€™s lip looked strange. I only got it yesterday and I didnā€™t really inspect it so it could have already been there but Iā€™m not sure. Iā€™ve never had angelfish and this could be normal, but is there anything I should worry about. Ps there is nothing in the tank that would have attacked it
Well it was damaged in some way, I see the rocks in the back of the photo. He may have bumped into an edge at some point...

Well it was damaged in some way, I see the rocks in the back of the photo. He may have bumped into an edge at some point...
But tbh, unless I don't know Angelfish lips that well (lol), it looks fairly alright... Maybe someone else will know better though.

But tbh, unless I don't know Angelfish lips that well (lol), it looks fairly alright... Maybe someone else will know better though.
Yea Iā€™m not too sure, it was hiding in a corner and I just remembered that for a couple mins a ghost shrimp was attacking it but it didnā€™t really do very much XD. It grabbed its back fin but I got it to stop. Didnā€™t see it pinching the front at all

I was more concerned if it was something growing off of it rather than being damaged, cause donā€™t you just love when you find something growing on your fishšŸ˜‚

Yea Iā€™m not too sure, it was hiding in a corner and I just remembered that for a couple mins a ghost shrimp was attacking it but it didnā€™t really do very much XD. It grabbed its back fin but I got it to stop. Didnā€™t see it pinching the front at all
Hmm... It could have gotten the front when you weren't looking. (Who knows what happens when you're not looking šŸ˜‚)
I was more concerned if it was something growing off of it rather than being damaged, cause donā€™t you just love when you find something growing on your fishšŸ˜‚
LOL. Yah that's never good šŸ˜‚.
It could be excess slime coat, or if its really really bad (doubt this), fungus

Hmm... It could have gotten the front when you weren't looking. (Who knows what happens when you're not looking šŸ˜‚)

LOL. Yah that's never good šŸ˜‚.
It could be excess slime coat, or if its really really bad (doubt this), fungus
Iā€™m gonna post another pic of it later today to see if itā€™s gotten worse, if it isnā€™t worse Iā€™m gonna assume it just is damaged

Perfectly fine.
Ok, I was nervous because I had a guppy a while ago that had a lip like this that ended up dying within the week. I found the pic from a while ago, I forget what it ended up being

Attachments

• 570DB49B-E030-4541-8DA8-76C68CF0B36F.jpeg
    570DB49B-E030-4541-8DA8-76C68CF0B36F.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 12
Ok, I was nervous because I had a guppy a while ago that had a lip like this that ended up dying within the week. I found the pic from a while ago, I forget what it ended up being
Oh thqt would have been useful info in the beginning...
This COULD be fungal then... Maybe @Byron can confirm this?

Oh thqt would have been useful info in the beginning...
This COULD be fungal then... Maybe @Byron can confirm this?
This is a completely different tank so it couldnā€™t be something sticking around from before, like I said the guppy was a long time ago and I think I remember what happened. I moved it to a makeshift quarantine tank with an air pump and I think the air pump slipped out of the water at night

This is a completely different tank so it couldnā€™t be something sticking around from before, like I said the guppy was a long time ago and I think I remember what happened. I moved it to a makeshift quarantine tank with an air pump and I think the air pump slipped out of the water at night
Is there any supplies that you use on BOTH tanks?
Also, if you have had this in the past and you have something that looks similar, it could very well be that... Keep a VERY close eye on it

Is there any supplies that you use on BOTH tanks?
Also, if you have had this in the past and you have something that looks similar, it could very well be that... Keep a VERY close eye on it
The only thing I have that I used to use on that tank is the gravel vac, but I havenā€™t had that other tank with the guppy for around 2 years now and I clean the gravel vaccum after every use. This tank has been set up for about 2 years as well and have never had any problems like this

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back