Weird Guppy Fry

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mikey02steph

Reaction score
Ok so we have 4 female guppys, one gave birth afew days ago, managed to keep 12 alive, our second female gone into labor today about half hour ago. We have got 24 guppy fry so far, some look normal but then theres others that look like they have big bellies, and theres even one that is basically two fish joined together... Two tails and 4 eyes!! Is this due to inbreeding? We bought the fish from the same pet shop.

Is there a high possibility that the fish with big bellies will die? And the siamese fry? I have never seen anything like it im wondering if any of you guys have?

I can possibly get a picture uploaded abit later if the quality looks ok

Sorry forgot to say a big HELLO!!! new member here, just joined today.

This is a picture of the joined fry

Attachments

• IMAG0352-1.jpg
    IMAG0352-1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 97
New born fry with big bellies usually Premature fry born too early they often die. Siamese twins can some times live and breed best to keep separated . the cores of Siamese twins happening is unknown very unlikely to have any thing to do with inbreeding, there are many types of Siamese most will die prematurely

Yeah it would be, but shortly after putting them in their own tank they died. All other baby fish are doing fine in their own tank. The ones with fat bellies seem to be looking normal aswell

this seems to happen often these days. i'd euthanise that one. it's not fully developed.. i say it, i mean they

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back