Weird Dream Thing

I hate sleep Paralysis D: I very rarely get it these days, and even then its quite mild. My mind is active and awake but my body feels completely paralysed. I can't open my eyes, can't talk, I can twitch my fingers but that's about it. The worst one was when I was about 15, and I dreamt that my grandparents were warning me about someone coming to get me. Next thing I know there's a huge zooming noise in my ear, a bright flash of light and my body starts convulsing for about 5 seconds. Couldn't move for a little while after that. The gods know that terrified me- it wouldn't surprise me if a lot peoples paranormal experiences were the result of actually experiencing sleep paralysis.

My friend, who suffers from quite a lot anxieties has awful sleep paralysis to the point where she feels that she's being dragged out of the bed, being pinned down, being sat on, etc. Glad I've never had it that bad :crazy:

This many people with sleep paralysis too?
I never knew so many people had it,when I have it which I haven't had it for 2 years I would always hear yelling or screaming and usually it would be pitch black or I see my room.The scary part is usually the screaming or yelling then there would be arguing and then satanic creepy scary things and I would try to scream but my mouth wouldn't open or try to even move,still nothing. The worse though for me is when I was at my grandmothers and she owned this bed that looked exactly like an old operating table with white sheets and all and of course I slept on it.Later that night I had a really bad episode (I guess I can call it that) of sleep paralysis and when I woke up the door knob was turning and If I can recall it might have even opened,but her doors always open though (most likely because they were installed wrong,I hope!).

i used to say there's nothing
like a good nightmare but its
different when your about to start
living it in real life

I've only had it once, and it wasn't even my whole body. I woke up, and a few seconds later realised I couldn't move my fingers on my left hand, so I moved them with my other hand and they eased up and I could move them again.
Not nearly as terrifying as the whole body paralysis though -.-

My mate had this....and hes a big bloke and ex marine....no joke lol. His wife also sees a lot of strange stuff that also some times affects him.

She works in a hospital and sees the same woman sat in the same chair every time she goes to get the mail.....and when she points her out no one knows what shes on about.

Also in their old house there used to be a gut that would visit them when they were in bed or sleeping. One night the "guy" grabbed my frieds leg...and cool as a cucumber my mate told the ghost "do some thing or get the f*ck off my leg so i can bloody sleep" amd the ghost did let go lol.

Also in their current house, his wife was in hospital for a few days after giving birth to their child. He said the house moaned, creaked, goraned, banged and just generally made a racket like never befor, to the extent he shouted in the kitchen he was going to burn it down if it wasnt quiet and told the house that his child and wife would be back tomorrow as he was picking them up. He had a peaceful night with a quiet house. The next day he went to collect his wife and newborn but was told it would be another night....so he came and appologised to the house for lying to it and promised if it stayed quiet they would be back tomorrow.

Strange huh! and hes not the lying kinda guy and his wife totally backs up what he says.

Me personally ive never really seena ghost. See the odd shape at the bottom of the stairs that i just shrugged off and thought it was a trick of the light. That was untill my wife she sees the same around the house!!! ARGH!!!! Ive now scared myself reading all this forum and im home alone :(

I've had a fair few weird experiences, i won't go into ghostly detail in this thread.

I had a dream once, i came in from work around 2pm, and went up to bed as i was shattered. About 2 hours into my sleep i suddenly became aware that the wind had picked up (it was summer and no wind was here before i went to sleep). I heard one big gust then suddenly felt as if i wasn't alone, but i couldn't move. I had my eyes shut but i couldn't move my legs up to get out of bed. I don't even think i was awake at this point, and all of a sudden i pictured my room from my position but everything was moldy and rotting, my fish tank was black and it was barren. At this point my heart was racing and i tried to move out of bed, and the weight on me lifted. I opened my eyes to the real world and i saw a dark shape dart out of my room onto the landing. This was about 4pm on a summers afternoon so no light trickery. I religiously close my bedroom door whenever i go to sleep but on this occasion i left it wide open.

Obviously by this point i was getting fearful of what had just happened, so i stood up out of bed and shouted that "whoever is in here with me better p@ss off quickly". I would put my house on seeing that dark shape dart out of my room, i'll never forget it.

Fortunately nothing has happened since. Mental!

Most reactions

trending

Back