Weird Dream Thing

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

silverrabbit

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hello peoples :)

So, I believe in ghosts and other paranormal things. I've seen ghosts and various dark and light "shapes" I can't really describe, but this thing was totslly new to me. I know fully well it can probably be explained away by science, but wanted to post about it and this seemed a good understanding forum ;)

Basically, the other day I woke up really early, so went back to bed and was snoozing and having lightish dreams etc, don't think I feel deep asleep. As I was about to get up at my normal time (and I do believe I was awake at this point - not dreaming, because I was thinking to myself dear G*d i'm awake, what is going on?!), I felt myself being pinned down, like a heavy force pressing down on my chest and one of my arms, and I couldn't open my eyes or mouth - like literally it was like my eyelids were glued shut!!! :blink: I wanted to scream or something, and my mouth wouldn't open either, so I really started freaking out because I couldn't really move at all.

Anyone else had something like that happen to them? It really felt like I was being held down, and the eye and mouth thing just really freaked me out. I'm gonna have my bedroom "smudged" just in case.

I Have had the same experience it use to happen ever day if i woke up before my alarm went off it was basically like someone was ontop of me kepping me silent but once the alarm went off and lights on ( both on auto switch) I was seemingly safe. my roommate from korea also had a very similar experience so its not uncommon.

Yep probably sleep paralysis. Happened to me in almost the exact same fashion. I woke up and decided to sleep in a littler longer. I fell back to sleep and had a dream that this girl and two guys came to get me at my house. They knocked on the door and stupidly I let them in. The girl came up to me in my kitchen and looked me square in the eyes and then opened her mouth exposing huge sharp teeth. It was one of those dreams where you are supposed to scare yourself awake, but as I started to wake up I couldn't move at all, I tried to scream but couldn't do that either, and my eyes were only slightly open but mostly still shut. I knew I was having sleep paralysis and forced myself to relax and go back to sleep. I went back to sleep and what seemed to be a couple minutes later was able to get up.

Lately I have been having really really vivid dreams too. Unbelievable vivid. I remember the other night I had a dream and in the dream I was in my Dads bedroom lying on the woolly rug he has, waving my hands in front of my face thinking "Wow, I cannot be dreaming this is just way too real" in the dream I looked at the bed and my Dad rolled over and told me to go back to bed. I apologized to him, and that's really all I can remember, but I woke up the next morning and thought for sure my Dad would ask me if I remembered sleep walking that night!! Call me crazy but I swear dreams are much more vivid then we can actually remember once we wake up.

I dreamt I was in Eastenders the night before last...........Enjoyed every moment of it. Got fired though for changing scripts and trying to turn things around, insisted that my lines were infact right and they had lost their minds.........Im still haunted by the death of Danielle......... :lol: .

Yeah its sleep paralysis. I used to suffer from this all the time (I used to have issues sleeping and when you only get 2-4 hours sleep a day your body starts doing strange stuff).

Basically when you sleep your body releases a chemical that stops you from moving and acting out your dreams. Sometimes you can half wake up but your body still can not move. Sometimes you will also have hallucinations at the same time (Usually involving something breathing heavy in your ears which is actually just your own breathing). I have had some horrible ones, one I had some kind of four legged creature with a half human face sitting on my chest with its face only a few inches away from mine.

When it first started happening it really freaked me out. Once I found out what was going on though it didn't bother me anymore and when it happened I would just relax and fall back asleep again.

I also used to have a lot of lucid dreaming experiences. This is where you are dreaming but then realise that you are actually asleep and can take complete control of the dream. Seriously cool experience but doesn't normally last very long as it tends to happen just as you are waking up from or going into deep REM sleep.

Edit: Freaky! Just looked at the wiki link above and the picture they have on there (top right) is almost exactly the same as the thing I described above (the thing I saw was more spindly though).

I hope I don't get that... Then again I do get about eight-ten hours sleep a night (I go to bed at 9 and get up at 7 but I read for like an hour before I go to sleep...)

I've had that cool thing where you control the dream! On one my mum and dad tried to sell me to my nan Magoo (her real name's Margeret) who wants to eat me. In real life she lives on pizza, kitkats and coca cola but she's a surprisingly good cook!

Is this normal too? When I dream I always go back to the same 'dream world' you could say. If something happens it stays the same until I have a dream that it's reversed, if ever. Like once I dreamed my goldfish died and I never dreamt of him again...
Except if I die I always return to normal again.

Is this ever heard off?^^^^^^^^

Joe :D

Very interesting I spend even less than 4 hours to sleep but never happened to me it be cool and extremely freaky to see a little demon on me as I play games a lot I maybe freaked out as hell or actually just say "oh theres a demon on me..." as I cant do anything about either.
But this gets me thinking I used to have these weird dreams where I think I see the future... Cant say much cause I usually forget half of what happens next and they seem to only revolve around me also seems to take a real long time to happen. Anyone else have this strangeness?

Hello peoples :)So, I believe in ghosts and other paranormal things. I've seen ghosts and various dark and light "shapes" I can't really describe, but this thing was totslly new to me. I know fully well it can probably be explained away by science, but wanted to post about it and this seemed a good understanding forum ;)Basically, the other day I woke up really early, so went back to bed and was snoozing and having lightish dreams etc, don't think I feel deep asleep. As I was about to get up at my normal time (and I do believe I was awake at this point - not dreaming, because I was thinking to myself dear G*d i'm awake, what is going on?!), I felt myself being pinned down, like a heavy force pressing down on my chest and one of my arms, and I couldn't open my eyes or mouth - like literally it was like my eyelids were glued shut!!! :blink: I wanted to scream or something, and my mouth wouldn't open either, so I really started freaking out because I couldn't really move at all.Anyone else had something like that happen to them? It really felt like I was being held down, and the eye and mouth thing just really freaked me out. I'm gonna have my bedroom "smudged" just in case.

Ok. I've had this happen to me lol, and you can do it to your arm some how, i dont know but i used to

It's sleep paralysis, not actually paranormal at all. It happens when the 'switch' in your brain that keeps you from moving and hurting yourself while dreaming doesn't turn off at the right time, and you're essentially paralyzed for a few moments.

Yep i've had it a couple of times now. First time it happened was when i was about 17/18 and was drifting off to sleep, i could hear my dreams if that makes sense? it was almost like i was watching a film rather than dreaming or even being there, anyways next thing i know im awake but can't move. Eyes open, mouth shut and have no control over my body. That's when i heard some one say "don't panic" obviously i did :lol: anyways i managed to move by slowly moving my fingers then hand, arm ect. Didnt sleep for the rest of the night it freaked me out that much! happened since then but just learnt to relax and go back to sleep.

Didnt feel like i was pinned down though, sort of strange feeling where i just didnt know how to move really :/

I once awoke with the feeling of a hand tightly clamped over my mouth, I'm not easily freaked out but when I felt that I ended up on hands and knees spinning around on the bed trying to find 'who' had done it.

I dream about the same place, but for me the place has changed from the last time I was there, just like I was on vacation. And I have a couple of different 'neighborhoods' I dream about, with different people/situations and stuff. Often I can remember what worked or didn't work the last time I was 'there' and get to a different place or solve problems that didn't get solved last time.

I also switch perspectives a lot, sometimes I'll just being watching from above, other times I'll be different people and switch randomly around being them, having no control over who I just was.

Does anyone dream about being the opposite sex, or having no real gender at all? I used to have a lot of dreams were I was a boy with dark hair and glasses (kinda Harry Potterish I suppose) and as I got older so did the 'boy' version of me. Now I'm often me or just a genderless personality.

Sleep paralysis? Sounds familiar... HANGOVER!! lol, this has never happened to me, sounds quite scary. And at the moment it's quarter past midnight, I'm the only one up in the house and my bedroom door is looking out into the dark hallway.... I'm gonna go hide under the covers :p

When I get this sleep Paralysis Im always at the living room door with my head poking through the door at my Dad, mom and sister, they are smiling then as I try to open the door but cant they get this huge scared look on their face :crazy: . I push harder but find the door is stronger and I turn around to see this horrible,scary woman Ghost rushing off the stairs towards me. I try to :shout: but cant, but I tend to wake up pretty instantly. Never brave enough to open my eyes though so I usually fall straight back to sleep. :lol:

Remember those old 3D books with the green and red lines but actual pictures are grey. She's like that, grey with fuzzy green and red outlines.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back