(Week 1) Walstad Tank with Speedy the Betta | No CO2, No Ferts & Heater

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SpeedyTheBetta

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am for 6months now into this hobby and i really loved it!
I like Natural planted tanks & Provide an ecosystem where plants and fish balance each other's needs. so learned about it and created
my planted tank. I use organic soil and gravel, for plants i picked alot of fast growing.

I think my project look better from day to day and i love it, so i decided to share my tank to the world,
i hope you enjoy. I will update you weekly with new videos. feel free to leave feedback

Thanks,
SpeedyTheBetta

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Your tank looks nice but there is too much current in the tank for that fish.
Bettas naturally occur in slow moving or stationary water bodies. The wild fish have short fins and can move through water much more easily than their long finned domestic counterparts. Your fish is struggling to swim into the current and being moved around the tank by the filter/ powerhead. Some water movement is good but that appears to be too much for the fish.

You need some floating plants so the fish feels more secure. Bettas naturally live near the surface of the water and like to hide under floating plants. A single Water Sprite plant (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta) would provide the fish with shelter and protection from imagined aerial predators, and still allow light to get down to the remaining plants.

Nice tank! I recommend getting some floating plants.

Maybe water sprite? Isn’t that a good floating plant?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Your tank looks nice but there is too much current in the tank for that fish.
Bettas naturally occur in slow moving or stationary water bodies. The wild fish have short fins and can move through water much more easily than their long finned domestic counterparts. Your fish is struggling to swim into the current and being moved around the tank by the filter/ powerhead. Some water movement is good but that appears to be too much for the fish.

You need some floating plants so the fish feels more secure. Bettas naturally live near the surface of the water and like to hide under floating plants. A single Water Sprite plant (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta) would provide the fish with shelter and protection from imagined aerial predators, and still allow light to get down to the remaining plants.
Thank you for the feedback,
i will monitor the fish for a litle now and update you.
i had frogbit but it died. lhe leafs got yellow.

SpeedyTheBetta

Nice tank! I recommend getting some floating plants.

Maybe water sprite? Isn’t that a good floating plant?
Thank your for your feedback,
i had frogbit but it died i am going to need to test different that will work with my tank

Nice Betta.... you should enter it in our Fish of the Month contest. Next one starts around august 15th...look for the banner at top of forum. right now you will see a banner to vote in our Tank of the Month contest . Please vote in that contest by clicking banner and reviewing entries and then vote.

Nice Betta.... you should enter it in our Fish of the Month contest. Next one starts around august 15th...look for the banner at top of forum. right now you will see a banner to vote in our Tank of the Month contest . Please vote in that contest by clicking banner and reviewing entries and then vote.
thank you for this information, i think i am going to enter.

Nicccceeee.....

What specific type of betta is he? :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back