website buggy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
Today when I logged in I started getting a popup that runs across the bottom of my screen. This occurs on every page I open. There is nothing in the popup except an x inside a circle on the top right of the popup. I can click the x and it removes the popup.

The pages are also getting huge gaps between posts. There is nothing in these gaps.

This started today and I have not changed anything on my computer.
I am using Windows 10, and have updates turned off.
I have tried shutting down the web browser and reloading but it still occurs. I am using Microsoft Edge.

can you give an example of a topic with the huge gaps between posts? I haven't noticed any popups at the bottom. I did have trouble on my chromebook where I'd log in, click on a topic and then I would get logged out without wanting to log out. But on my iphone it would be fine.

I'm seeing it while viewing the site from a desktop. Working on it now..

Last edited:
We just switched ad providers today to a new company, so it may take a few days to work out the bugs.

We just switched ad providers today to a new company, so it may take a few days to work out the bugs.
nps. I will try to deal with it for a few days and hope it gets better sooner :)

this thread has big gaps too now. between post # 2 & 3, and 4 & 5. :)

just an update. The gaps between the posts now have adverts in them. Some of them are pretty big adds too.

Me to!! I keep getting a ton of pop-up, adds, and they keep doing stuff to my messages I don’t like!! Will you please turn them of? (If you can @dascrow !) ;)

Here is what i mean, like ligit, what do I want to know up tos top my dog from barking, and licking his paws?
6E93D929-854A-47E4-9252-C956D8108FC8.png

I’m getting them too on my IPhone. Me no like. :no:

update time.

The popup add at the bottom of the screen pops back up after I delete it by pressing the x in the top right of the add. Basically I press the x and the popup and advert goes away. I scroll down the page and back up and the advert in the popup comes back up even tho I have pressed the x button and removed it.

There is an advert on the right side of the page that covers up the search panel when I scroll down the page. This add also comes back sometimes after I clicked the x in the top right of the advert. It does this after I have scrolled down the page and back up.

-----------------
edited to add.

do something about these adds, they are driving me up the wall.

damn, I get rid of them and they pop back up. what the hell is the point of the x in the corner if it doesn't remove them permanently. I click the x and they go and come back 30 seconds later.

it's doing my head in. they are everywhere and I cant get rid of them . AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:
I'm going to another forum until these adds are gone. I can't stand them, they are causing my pc to run at 25% cpu and it is a new pc. They are popping up all over the place. I load up a page and have to wait a minute before I can read anything or get rid of the adds.,

Do something about it because I cannot deal with them

I can sympathize with that, they annoy me to no end too. But I also know that a forum like this one needs the ad money to remain running--at least I assume so. So I am prepared to try and manage, up to a point, rather than lose a good forum.

There are few good fish forums left, as a certain web company has been buying them up with the aim of being a monopoly. I left two other forums when they were "taken over." Don't want to see that here.

EDIT: Just now, while posting in another thread, the screen jumped up or down three times due to ads changing. This is really extremely annoying. Colin is right.

Last edited:
I hate the ads that appear in between posts in a topic.. it really detracts from the flow of the topic

Is anyone experiencing getting logged out of the forums when going from one topic to another? This happens often when viewing this site on my chromebook.

Yes, whenever I go to another thread ,the screen glitches up and down, and up and down, etc. it’s so annoying!! :mad:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back