Weather Loaches

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thomas A. Anderson

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Has anyone got these?

I have one, it is about 2.5 inches long, I couldn't see it anywhere in the tank, looked everywhere, under stones, inside the filters, etc etc. Couldn't find it.

Eventually I saw a tiny, teeny bit of tail sticking out of the gravel and lo and behold it had buried itself almost completely in the gravel.

Is this normal for them?

Hi,

I had two of these dudes and they grew to about 5 inches long and were such lovely, sociable fish. Mine used to sit half in half out of the gravel and i got them to feed out of my hand.

They were great fish- glad to hear you've got them!..they named weather loaches as i believe they are supposed to be sensitive to the atmospheric changes associated with the weather. When it storms they suposed become very active, but i didn't especially notice this with mine....

have fun with them :)

Thanks for the replies, but also to add to the question.

Found out today that they are supposed to be coldwater, but the fish shop that sold them to me never mentioned this at the time and they know what setup I have.

Is this likely to be a problem?

The fish seems to be ok.

Yep I believe they are supposed to prefer cooler temps - if this is going to be a problem don't know :unsure:

There' a bit of info on them HERE

:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back