Weapons Of Choice

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I figure if I'm killing braincells by drinking, might as well help my brain by getting important anti-oxidents.

Thats my excuse for drinking Guiness (all the iron it is supposed to contain) but now knowing it has fish blood as a component in its colourants, i drink it less....
Its spelt Jagermeister i think, with an accent over the first e.
Love tequila, used to drink it before school during my mis-spent youth, a true pick-me-up drink IMO.

If your looking at serious battle tactics ie drinking to get drunk, absinthe is ideal, drunk as a 'green fairy' cocktail;
Small jug full of room temperature water.
Put a sugar cube on a teaspoon and pour water from the jug, over the sugar lump very slowly into a glass containing a measure of absinthe, until the sugar is completely dissolved, then add a twist of lemon.
The pouring may seem like too much (it is after a few) but such is tradition.
Have you heard of absinthe? Its over-use was apparently the reason Van Gogh chopped his ear off, certainly an interesting, if not fairly dangerous drink. In fact i'm pretty sure true absinthe is banned in the USA.
:dunno:
Good when drunk properly though.

Another one is the super-sambuca which is blatantly vile but good for a serious night out and/or drinking competitions.
1 single sambuca
1 single black sambuca
1 single tequila
Knock back in one and get to the difficult business of walking straight.....

I thought is was with a J, but you never know how spelling can be corrupted and my guess it has a umlout over the "a". Absinthe, :sick: That's just disgusting. I've heard of it, very popular in the 19th century. Sambuca is gross too. I don't really drink to get drunk, the "happy, warm tummy" sensation is plenty for me. I enjoy complementing food. For example:

Chicken wings and Pizza: A nice German Beer
Steak: Cabernet or Shiraz
Shrimps: A dryer Riesling

etc, etc...Alcolhol is fantastic for cooking too. Mmmmm tequila shrimp with jalepinos (sp). Bourbon chicken. Roast Pork marinated in white wine and citrus. Steak with a mushroom/sherry sauce. Apple pie baked with a cup of Brandy. Yummy.

For those British drinkers reading this thread, the lager in my OP, Herold Bohemian Black is now available in Tescos :yahoo:
Well worth a try if your into decent, good tasting ale.
£1.39 a bottle as well!
So much for rare and expensive.

(while your there may as well get some Innis and Gunn @ £1.59, they both complement each other reasonably well)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back