We have a problem....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I don’t have a pond, well technically I do, it’s like 2,000 gallons, and has Largmouth bass, smallmouth bass, bluegill, crappie (White And Black), And Mosquito Fish so....I’m really sure they would survive! :)

Have you been doing water changes?

Post pictures of the dead and live shrimp.

Are the shrimp developing cream or white patches in their tail (rear half of their body)?
If yes, they have spironucleus and need treating with salt. Use 2 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres of water. If they continue to die after a couple of days with salt, then double the dose so there is 4 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres.

Keep the salt in the water for 1 month and then water change it out.

Here’s a picture of the dead shrimp...
image.jpg

You can see 1 dead in front of the cave, and 1 dead behind it.

Picture of live shrimp....
image.jpg

They seem to be hanging out near the top a LOT. I have a 1 gallon QT setup, should I transfer them to there, until I get this thing figured out? (It doesn’t have a filter.)

Have you been doing water changes?

Post pictures of the dead and live shrimp.

Are the shrimp developing cream or white patches in their tail (rear half of their body)?
If yes, they have spironucleus and need treating with salt. Use 2 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres of water. If they continue to die after a couple of days with salt, then double the dose so there is 4 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres.

Keep the salt in the water for 1 month and then water change it out.
@Colin_T I sent him those shrimp. None of mine are dying. How would they get spirinucleus?

Thats what I was thinking, if you sent me the shrimp, how could they have an illness? I trust @Deanasue, and there’s no way she sent me sick Shrimp.....

Leave the sand and plants but remove all the rocks and ornaments and do a huge water change and complete gravel clean. There could be something leaching out of the rocks in the tank.

Your sand is black, which is anaerobic and that will poison the shrimp and anything living on the bottom.

What's the yellow stuff on the sand in the picture with the dead shrimp?
If it's food, you need to get it out immediately because it will cause ammonia problems.

Thats what I was thinking, if you sent me the shrimp, how could they have an illness? I trust @Deanasue, and there’s no way she sent me sick Shrimp.....
It’s just that none of mine are dying. I hate this is happening to you. You’ve had them about a month now, haven’t you?

It’s just that none of mine are dying. I hate this is happening to you. You’ve had them about a month now, haven’t you?
Are you cleaning the tank weekly and cleaning down deep in the substrate? A lot of nasty gunk gets down there.

Oops, sorry Colin T, I posted before your advice above.

Look at the sand in post #21.
I see it. That’s another thing, mine are on gravel. Not that it should matter. I do know that when I vac each week it is nasty and smells like a swamp!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back